Thirty seven

"Hey princess sneaking in are we?" My dad grinned at me from where he was leaning against the wall.

I look at him thinking fuck I've been caught but I wasn't going to show him that.

"Oh no course not" I chuckled "I wasn't sneaking anywhere" I said brushing him off.

"Well tip toeing the way you was, sure looked like it" my dad pointed from the front door to me.

"Oh I wasn't sneaking in" I said shaking my head "I was being considerate, I didn't want to wake you up, I'm nice like that" I smiled going to turn around as for me the conversation was done "night anyways "

"Peyton do you want to explain to me where the fuck you have been!?" My dad demanded.

"I went out now I'm home" I explained.

"Don't get smart, where you been?" My dad asked his voice was stern.

"Out! Why do I have to constantly explain to you where I've been"

"Maybe because your so secretive these days. Your a closed book"

"Secretive you been screwing one of my teachers and I didn't even know you was seeing her! How about that for secrets?"

"I'm an adult I can do what I like!"

"I'm eighteen I'm an adult now too!" I pointed out.

"Your my daughter! I have a right to know what you are doing"

"I'm doing nothing" i said walking away trying to get upstairs.

My dad grabs me by the arm "don't fucking lie to me!" He yelled at me angrily "who the fuck are you seeing?!"

"I'm seeing no one!" I screamed at him pulling my arm from his grip.

"Don't lie to me Peyton you stink of sex I can also smell him all over you!"

I stare at my dad in disbelief my heart was beating fast.

"I'm going to ask you one more time who are you fucking!"

I close my eyes about to spill the beans on everything when Mingus appears at the top of the stairs.

"Whats all the shouting?"'he asked walking half way down the stairs.

"You sister was about to tell me who she's been sleeping with" my dad said to him.

"Oh I know who she's sleeping with, she's sleeping with Jax. I saw them all over each other this morning"

"Was that before or after you got stoned?" I spat at him.

"Stoned?" My dad questioned eyes wide in shock at what he was hearing.

"Yes dad. I caught jerk face stoned out of his head this morning. His been hanging out with the tweakers"

I slowly make my way up the stairs smiling leaving my dad shouting at Mingus.

Monday comes around and so does English which I wasn't looking forward to I knew it was going to be hard. I knew Jon was going to start playing jerk to me to try and get through to the class I wasn't his pet.

"Okay so today I'm going to be going over stuff we have been doing since the beginning of the school year, as there's going to be a test on Friday." Jon said getting off the desk.

He walks over to the window looking out for a second before turning around.

"Okay I'm going to ask questions I want you to answer. I'm going to start off with the book you should of all read at the beginning of the year. To kill a mockingbird"

I sat looking down drawing on my notepad, as Jon was asking a question to another student.

"Miss Reedus can you answer that question for me?" Jon said causing me to look up.

"Question what question was that?" I asked generally not hearing the question as I was to busy drawing patterns in my notebook.

"Are you even listening?" Jon asked crossing his arms i look at him thinking I might as well play his game.

I shrugged my shoulders "well I was"

"You was, but?" Jon asked glaring at me.

"Well I was but you don't half go on" I said looking back down scribbling in my pad again.

Jon walks over banging his hand on the desk making me jump slightly and I look up at him.

"What did you learn about Dills character?" Jon asked me.

"Dills character, you lost me sir"

"You read the book. You should be able to answer, now answer the question, the class and I are waiting" he said still leaning forward on my desk.

"Well If I knew what book you was referring to I would answer you question" I informed him.

"Have you listened to a single thing I've  said in the past twenty minutes"

"Well you lost me at good afternoon" I replied.

"To kill a mockingbird was the book I was referring to" Jon said standing up straight picking up the book off his desk.

"Emily maybe you can answer the question" Jon said pointing over to her.

"What did I learn from Dills character" I said sitting back in my chair "that he was a very curious little boy, very adventurous, isn't scared by much," I look to Jon smirking before looking back at my pad.

The bell goes and I leave the classroom I head to my locker hearing my phone beep I pull it out seeing Jon had texted

'Sorry for being a jerk. Just remember I love you'

I smiled putting my phone away wondering how long we was going to have to keep up this act for.