Twenty five

The day of the dance arrived and I was rather moody I had barely seen Jon all week as I had been either swamped in school work or had to hang out with Lana and the two guys.

Jon was not exactly happy with it but like Lana pointed out to me, me hanging out with them will stop suspicions, though not that there was any at the moment, I don't think anyway.

The bell goes after school and instead of going home straight from school to get ready like almost everyone else I walked to Jon's classroom to see him.

I arrive outside the classroom door seeing him talking to two female students, I stand outside watching waiting for them to leave, Jon sees me waiting and waves me in.

I hesitantly walk in stopping at the door looking at the three of them
"Peyton take a seat" he said pointing to a seat "your already five minutes late for your detention"

I walk over smiling as Jon carries on talking over the homework to the two girls.

"Thanks sir see you at the dance tonight" the both said waving walking out the room leaving Jon and I alone.

Jon walks over sitting on the desk in front of me putting his feet up on the chair
"Thought you would be getting ready for your date tonight?" Jon questioned me leaning forward on his arms.

"It's not a date" I replied looking at him.

"Peyton it's a date" Jon pointed out "honestly I don't like the idea, but, if you going with this jerk it will stop any suspicions on us, it could be rather helpful"

"Yeah that's what Lana as said. But, it doesn't stop me feeling guilty about it, I feel like I'm cheating on you."

"Peyton I trust you, I don't trust him but I trust you."

I look at Jon nodding my head and I sigh out sitting back in my chair
"What is it?" Jon questioned me.

"I just don't want to do this, I don't want to go, I'd rather be cuddled up with you watching a movie"

"Even if you didn't go, I'd still be here tonight babe you know that" Jon said getting off the table "go tonight have fun, I will be here keeping a close eye on your jerk of a date" Jon walks to his desk.

I get up out my chair walking over to the door "see you later then" I sighed.

"Yeah babe." Jon said looking over to me "can I ask what your going as?"

"You will just have to wait and see" I winked before blowing a kiss to him leaving him alone.

I arrive at Lana's after leaving Jon as that's where I was getting ready and Hayden and Jax was picking us up from hers too.

I sit on her bed watching her emptying the contents of her wardrobe looking for her missing shoe.

"So how's Jon about tonight?" Lana asked as she was on all fours head inside it throwing bags and clothes over her shoulder.

"Not sure, I'm receiving mix signals" I huffed laying back on her bed.

"There's bound to be jealousy there his in love with you for Christ sake, but this could work out for the both of you"

"He also said that" I lay there groaning out covering my face with my hands "I just hate this. I just want to be with him."

"I know lovey but that's easier said than done"

Two hours later I'm standing looking in Lana's mirror at myself "Jon's going to explode in his pants seeing you like that" Lana said next to me.

I nudge her in the side turning to the side looking at myself again "so why you going as a slutty school girl?" I asked her.

"I'm Britney from that music video" Lana responded correcting me.

"Oh sorry" I chuckled "didn't think you liked Britney Spears".

"I don't really, so your going as a nurse" Lana said looking at the White and red costume I was wearing "slightly slutty" she mumbled

I pick my phone up hearing the door bell go seconds later Lana's mom is calling us both.

I walk downstairs seeing Jax and Hayden waiting for us both. Hayden was dressed up as the joker from batman while Jax was dressed as a doctor, though he had blood over his white doctor jacket.

I instantly stopped regretting my costume choice it was like it was planned.

Lana pulls me down the last few steps.
"Shall we get this party started?" Jax said hold this hand out to me.