Twenty-two

The bell goes and I watch Lana stroll past me out of the classroom, I slowly on purposely gather my stuff being the last student in class as the door closes Jon walks over to me at my desk.

"She knows" I sighed worriedly as stand up looking at him putting my bag over my shoulder.

"I gathered by her reaction" he said sitting down on the desk looking at me "think she will say anything?" Jon asked.

"I don't know, I don't think so, I've got to go and meet her. Talk to her" I told him.

"I'll ring you later" Jon said discreetly holding his hand out lacing his fingers with mine.

"Yeah" I nodded slightly letting go of his hand.

I start the long walk to the rock, the rock was a place in the woods that Lana myself Emily Rachel and another friend of ours used to hangout when growing up.
It was a white bolder that was our meeting spot we used to sit on it talking for hours about everything from guys to the latest music.

I get halfway there when Jon pulls over I stop looking at his car for a few seconds before hesitantly walking over opening the door.
"Get in" Jon ordered me I get in and he speeds off.

"You said you would ring me" I reminded him.

"Yeah but you meeting Lana on your own is all good, but we both in this together in we should talk to her together" Jon said as he leans over giving my hand a gentle squeeze "so where are you meeting her?"

"Drive to the woods" I explained he looks at me confused for a second.

"Long story" I said to him with a slight chuckle.

We pull up in car park area and we get out the car, Jon looks at me wondering where we go next
"This way" I waved to him as I walk off.

"So why here?" Jon questioned me as he walked next to me.

"There's a spot here that we used to meet at when we grew up. We called it the rock. We spent days hanging out here in the summer. It's just a white bolder but Lana and I and some of my other friends we used it as a meeting point, if things when bad at home ect we used to send a sos and meet here" I chuckled thinking how stupid we used to be.

I see Lana in the distance sitting on the rock and my heart starts beating fast.

"It's okay" Jon said lacing his fingers with mine I squeeze his hand before pulling my hand away from his speeding my pace slightly.

Lana stands up from the rock seeing us both.
"Oh look Mr hotstuff has come to" she scoffed.

"Lana there's no need to be like that" I said stopping in front of her.

"How should I be? I've just found out  my best friend is sleeping with our teacher" Lana said laughingly.

"I know but" I tried to speak but she cut me off.

"But what?! Do you know what could happen if you both get caught?"

"We know the consequences" I replied sternly "look it's bad and we know that but when we first met I didn't know he was our teacher"

"She's right we didn't know" Jon piped up from behind me.

"How long has this been going on then?" Lana asked disbelief in her voice.

"We met the day before school started" I informed her sitting down on the rock.

"But if you knew the next day why carry on? You both knew it was wrong" Lana asked us both.

"We both tried to keep away from each other. But we couldn't" I explained to her as she sat down next to me.

"We honestly did Lana, but when you love someone it makes it kind of hard to keep away" Jon said stepping closer to us.

"You love her?" Lana asked raising a eyebrow at him.

"Yeah I do" he nods.

"Lana we get what we doing it's wrong, it's dangerous even. But we love each other. I'm begging you don't tell anyone about this, I can't lose him"

"I'm not going to tell anyone anything, I just wanted honesty from you" Lana said looking at me "I was shocked to find out its Mr Bernthal your hooking up with, but your secret is safe with me" she said pulling me into her hugging me.

"Thank you" I said over her shoulder.

"Yeah we grateful" Jon said Lana pulls away looking at him.

"I swear you hurt her in any way" Lana warned him pointing her finger at him.

"Never gonna happen" he smiled, I get up walking over to him cuddling into his chest breathing in the scent that relaxed me the most, the scent that made me feel safe.

As we walked back through the woods Lana nudges me with her elbow "guess I've got to stop flirting with him now?" She asked.

"Flirting when have you been flirting with me?" Jon asked her.

"Constantly" Lana replied I chuckled at Lana.

"You call that flirting?" Jon chuckled as we arrived at his car "cause I never picked up on any flirting" he laughed.

"Think you need to practice those flirting skills" I chuckled to Lana.

"Haha your both so funny " she scoffed