A Murder In the Amgel

I have got to stop this. It gets boring after a while. It really doesn't help when I keep waking up  in places that are not at all familiar to me.

A shadow leans in the shadows, small and tiny with pale blonde wavy hair. Her piercing blue eyes watch me as I pretend that I don't see her.

Arching my back, I lift my feet up in bed just to pull them to my chest while they're still crossed.

With a dead panned expression, I finally let my eyes flower straight at hers.

"You are awake." the girl states matter of factly.

"Where am I?" I demand.

"You must be hungry. Would you like some breakfast?" She blatantly ignores me, daring to move farther into the room.

Stupid girl. You shouldn't be so brave around me. I could tear you apart.

"If you must know, Jesse, you're safe now. My name's Angel, and I believe you're one of us." She comes around to my bedside, her piercing blue eyes piercing into my browns.

I can't help but wrinkle my nose at her. If she notices it she chooses to ignore it.

  Without warning, I let my shadows do their job. They wrap around her throat. Her arms. Her legs.

  They tighten to my satisfaction as I will them to pull tighter.

Before this can even last a minute, the girl reaches out towards me, touching my forehead.

Eyes widened, I falter, tumbling back as the my shadows loosen themselves around her.

I crumple to the ground on my knees, holding my throat in pain.

"What did you do to me?" I yell, growling, my voice cracking.

The girl named Angel comes to stand besides me, no expression on her face. "Jesse, we do not fight against each other here."

As I grimace in pain I hear her voice in the shadows. "You'll do good to remember that."