My Wings

Once out of the shower, I pull out my jeans and shirt, then begin tying up my brown leather boots. I brush my teeth, staring at the mirror. My dirty blonde hair is still wet, and I note the way a scar from a failed School experiment has still not healed under my left eye. The left eye is sort of interesting. While my right is an emerald green, the left is a chocolate brown. I scowl at how !such I look like Max, then spit in the sink my toothpaste.
Pursing my lips, I grab my wooden brush from my bag, and begin to brush my hair so that I can part it and braid it into two braids running down my back. Once I am done, I stretch, making sure I keep my black wings hidden.
Taking a deep breath, I head downstairs, a bunch of voices filling through my head. I know I shouldn't stay here, but I make sure it will not be for long.
"Hi." a girl with jet black wavy hair, and skin as dark as chocolate smiles up at me. She must be no older than seven, Angel's age.
I scowl down at her,not used to such kindness.
Another girl, I can tell she is about eleven, comes downstairs behind me. Her skin has a slight tan, her hair is pulled into a messy bun, and her brown eyes are slanted. When she catches my stare, she rolls her eyes at me, and says to the little girl, "Tessa, let's go. We're going to be late for Jules' birthday party!"
The girl named Tessa jumps up and down. "Okay! Okay! Okay!"
That's when Jacob comes in. "Sorry, Jesse. My parents went into town, and asked me to drop off Heidi and Tessa at their friend's. So, I won't be able to show you around." he gives me an apologetic grin.
"It is fine." I say.
"Good. We're just going to have to drive around town. I hope you don't mind."
I shake my head in the most polite way I can muster.

                                      +.            +.         +

   In Jacob's jeep, he drives us to someone's house that it is three times the height of the School. He drops off his two sisters, then gets back in the car.
"I'm starving." he says, running his stomach. "You?"
"Yeah." I say before I even realize it. "Sorry."
   He chuckles as I scowl at how he finds it funny. He pulls into the drive thru of a burger joint.
"I have money." I say, offering a wad of cash as allowance from the School, to him. "Here. Take it in exchange for my stay."
He puts my offering hand down, and I draw in a breath at his touch. He doesn't seem to notice.
"No. I don't need your money." he says.
I hesitate, about to try to make him take of, but the drive thru com begins to speak.
"Welcome to Ebers. How may I take your order?" a man's voice asks through the intercom.
Jacob orders two fries, two cheeseburgers, and two milkshakes. He asks me what kind, and I tell him chocolate.
Once we get our food, I thank him.
"No problem." he says.
That's when I spot something dark out of the corner of my eye. I snap my head around to look out the window, but there's nothing there. Maybe I am just being paranoid.
"Where you from?" he asks, making me avert my eyes from thee window.
A place where people are tortured, and if their surgery doesn't go well, they're discarded for werewolf men to kill. But, of course, I don't say that. Instead I tell him what is technically not a lie. California.
I stuff a hot fry into my mouth, and immediately regret of when it burns my tongue, and try my best to hide it.
Instead, I just stick to my milkshake for a while, indulging slowly in the sweet taste of iced chocolate ice cream.
He parks the car in a deserted place facing a lake. There is wooden bench that is slanted by the ground level.
"Let's eat our food out there." he says.
"Okay." I agree, dusting off the bench so that we can sit.
A familiar rush of cold air hits my back, and my back hairs rise on end.
I know they're there, and I need to find out a way to keep them from the boy.
My subconscious chuckles viciously. It laughs at the irony. If it was any other human, I would probably kill the human itself. Not because I wanted to. But the human got into my way.
"Jacob," I say. "Move."
He looks at me with raised eyebrows.
"I said. Move. Now." I snarl.
His eyes narrow at me in defiance.
"Fine, then. That's your problem."
Before claws can swipe his head off,black shadows escape my eye, wrapping themselves around the Erasers neck and tightening. "Where is your Alpha?" I demand.
He doesn't answer me, instead the poor thing decides to fight my shadows. Fool.
Sometimes I cannot control my shadows, and they and up over powering me. 
Before I can stop it, the shadows begin to stretch the Eraser by his neck until it bends over. As I try to pull back, it only makes it worst.
The Eraser begins to scream in agonizing pain as my shadows turn to razors that enter his brain.
I don't dare look at Jacob as this continues.
By now, I know the Eraser's screams have been heard by half of the town.
I am just able to grab control when the Eraser drops dead to the ground, his head falling under its chest.
I cannot help but look away at the sight.
When I look at Jacob to see how he is reacting to this, I already know what to expect.