DKLA (I Don't Keep Love Around)

"I don't keep love around..."- Troye Sivan

            --------------------------------------------------------------------
In the shower, I let the lukewarm water hit my head. I examine multiple scars and scratches on my bare body. The pinkness that have come from countless experiments and fights in practice drills with Erasers.
Flashbacks of a scientist prying my jaw apart while I was fully conscious. The blue Playtex gloves reaching into my mouth with a scalpel.
The last time I saw Max, Ari, and I together as a family. The three of us smiling together. Laughing. If only we knew that we would all be separated in a few years before either of us turned eight.
If only Max and her friends had stayed long enough to really know where they came from.
Gazzy and Angel's parents had given them away, but it was because they were fugitives from Russia and Cuba. Besides the fact that their Uncle was one of the inventors of Erasers and humans with avian wings, and we were being watched closely by the FBI. Nudge's mother was too much in pain after having her, and had to be knocked unconscious. In the process, a wet nurse stole her baby a way from her telling her the baby had weak lungs, and later died. Her mother was so heartbroken, that she passed away a few years later from a broken heart. Iggy's father was a famous implant surgeon for horses, and his mother was an actress and director, and wrote romance novels. She had a few more children before Iggy, but they don't even have a relationship with their parents. Fang's mother was a fifteen year old high school student who went to school in L.A. She was an orphan who lived with her two grandmothers, and modeled. If they knew she was pregnant, they would have abandoned her. Fearing the worse for her child, she gave him away to her seventeen year old boyfriend's parents. They had no love for the child, and sadly, they gave him away to us.
Since I was three, I have always had a crush on Fang. The way his slender body moved. Agile like, with his raven's long hair, thick curled eyelashes, and beautiful dark brown eyes. But I never dared to talk to him. I was too scared.

I have never been good with talking to people anyway.
Oh who am I kidding?

Someone like Jacob would never want to be with me. He deserves someone better than me. Besides, he's human. We would never be good together.

Out of the shower, I dry myself and change into a black skinny jeans and a olive green tee that Jacob bought me from the store while I was sleep.

It's sweet that he was able to guess my size of six.

Slowly I walk out to find him already fast asleep in his bed, his thumb resting on his lips.

So beautiful.

Before I go to rest in mine own bed, I let my black wings unfurl for once. Shaking from the many nightmares that haunt me every night.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Btw.... Happy Memorial's day, everyone! Thank you all veterans!

And not to be selfish, but... Can you please check out my other books? To warn you, they are not Harry Styles fanfictions, but kind of are. Though I can totally understand if you don't want to!!!! Sorry!!!! Luv you all!!!😄😅😆😊☺😍😘