If I Should Die

Outside, people sit on park benches ,licking ice cream while they talk. They have no idea that a girl is walking beside them. I girl who could take over the world if she really wanted to.

 Behind me, i see the damned erasers following behind, making sure that i'm not about to make  my grand escape. They have no idea.

 Ari catches up with me, wrapping his incredibly hairy arms around my shoulder. "Hey, Jessie? What you up to?" he snarls, showing his white canine teeth.

 I roll my eyes, giving him a kiss on cheek. "Nothing, Brother. Just in for a stroll. Can I not do that?" I say.

 I go up to a vendor, manipulating a vendor to give me two hot tamales, and beef jerky. When we leave, Ari cackles with laughter.

 "What?" I ask innocently, sitting down under the shade of a tree in the park, watching a guy with no shirt, skateboard along the sidewalk.

 "Nothing, Sister." he says, taking a seat by me on the grass, taking a disgustingly greedy bite of the hot tamale I stole I stole for him.

 That's when the the shadow hands behind my back wrap themselves around his tender neck. "I could do it, you know. The School would never know. These people would never know. I can manipulate their minds into thinking that you're a terrorist about to bomb this park. Would you like that?" I whisper in his ear.

 "You would do that to your own brother?" he says calmly.

 I chuckle sadly. "That's what Father and our big sister did to us, didn't they? They left us in the School to rot for seven years, while he and her went and helped some kids who aren't even related to them." I snarl in his ear.

 Maximum Ride. Her. That girl. The big sister that Ari and I thought we had. Well, it was a lie. Her and Father abandoned us like we were nothing. I'll show them nothing.

 "I say you let me go, Brother, and I'll make sure I avenge us both." I say, tears running down my cheeks.

 Ari slackens, seven year-old blue eyes falling unconscious and lost in the darkness.

 Unwrapping myself from around him, I stand up, spreading my eagle's wings, and shooting off into the sky. As I do, I make a promise that Maximum Ride will no longer breathe a single breath ever again.

                         TO BE CONTINUED.