Midnight Hour

"Jesse, Jesse, wake up." I hear Jacob whispering as he shakes my shoulder.

  I jump up, pushing him down. I push him down a little too hard, as he grunts against the bed. I apologize by helping him up, and pushing him to the closet.

"Hurry up and grab your bag from the closet, dammit." I snarl, an adrenaline rush hitting me. "Follow me."

After grabbing my leather back pack, I head to the back window of the hotel room, and pull apart the curtains. Next, I pivot around and grab the rolly chair.

To get a good head, I take a few steps back to gain speed to break the window with the chair, gaining more force.

"What the heck are you doing?" Jesse yells. "We'll have to pay for that!"

I shield my eyes as the glass shatters, the tiny, clear particles running through my hair. Specks of blood trickle down my hands and I just wipe it in my shirt, turning around for him.

Holding my hands out, I yell, "Come on!"

He looks at me in disbelief.  "You can't carry me. I may look light, but I am very heavy."

I groan and roll my eyes, drop kicking him as gently as one can, grabbing him from under his shoulders and lifting off from the carpet floor.

Just as I do, dozens  of Erasers burst through the hotel door, growling and drooling for their next human/mutant meal.

I hit the floor again, forcing Jacob to run for the window, then I push him out the window along with me.

Just before we hit the ground, I unfurl my wings, pulling us up into the midnight sky.

The Erasers chase us from the ground, some climb themselves up trees to throw themselves at us. In vain, they just end up falling to the ground with a splat or with a howl.

Even I look away when one unfortunately gets skewered through by a branchless tree.

When the normal people in the hotel wake up, they're going to wake up to a not so pretty picture.

                 ------++++++++++++++++++++-----------

If Jacob is freaked put by my superhuman strength and being over five hundred feet in the air, only my arms to support him, he doesn't show it.

The Erasers still follow after us, howling like wolves under us in packs.

I will myself to go faster, but for some reason my strength is running out.

Suddenly, dark shadows wrap themselves around Jacob and I, and he slips out of my grasp. My eyes droop as my breathing becomes heavier.

I swoop down to catch Jacob, but my shadows stop me, floating him in the air above my head.

My breath slows as my wings close around me. I drop like a torpedo to the ground.

What the heck is wrong with me? I can't breathe. My hallucinations are out of my control. I am glad that at least I can keep Jacob up in the air,  but for how long?

Off in the distance, I can head the howls of starved, hungry, frustrated Erasers. I know if they catch me, they will show no mercy. I have embarrassed them, and they'll furious.

My only hope to survive is to get my shadows in control before it's too late.

Huffing, I slowly drag my hands and feet to try to stand, but I just end up falling to the ground.

Off in the distance, I can spot the beautiful blue and grey eyes from the beautiful men that surround me with piercing stares.

I glare at them, strands of my dirty blonde hair covering my face.

  "Hello, little girl." One smiles, his bright white teeth glinting, showing off his sharp canines. "Have you come to play with us?"

The others all smile at me as their alpha takes slow steps towards me.

"Don't touch me!" I warn, snarling as I slowly manage to get up.

  What is wrong with me?

"Aww, sweetie, I won't hurt you." the alpha coos, picking me up as he cradles me to his chest, mockingly. "But, my pack is very hungry."

  With a war cry, I punch his jaw. I slip out of his grasp as he opens his arms in surprise. Twisting around, I kick him one between the legs.

The alpha growls in pain, slowing dropping to the forest floor.

Chickling, I strut towards him, placing my booted foot against his neck. "Go back to your alpha, and tell him to stay away." I spit, pressing my foot deeper into his throat so that he whines and chokes. "Tell Ari that if he ever stops me again, we will no longer be friends. Let him know that."

  The alpha nods desperately, trying to push me off if him, but I do not budge.

I lower myself down onto him, a malicious grin on my face. "You got that?" I ask, mocking his tone from earlier.

The alpha nods, and I move off of him.

He stands up, his five foot-eight height barely a few inches shorter than me. He scowls at me, debating whether he should try to hurt me or not for making him look like a fool in front of his pack.

  But before he can, the world explodes in fire, and I scream as I am shot fifty feet in the air.

Just as I hit the ground, a tall figure, a figure with hair as dark as shadows lifts me up in his arms, and I just mange to spot the brown eyes of someone I haven't seen in a long time, glowering at me before I fall unconscious.