Chapter 26: I Wanna Be

Start from the beginning

"Which is?"

"In the only room around the corner with a closed door. And this time just tell her sweet nothings in her ear not lies."

She rolled her eyes but nodded and walked away just as I was being called to stage. I took a deep breath before I did and ran onstage to do my set. Throughout the set I kept looking side stage and at the area where the other girls were to make sure Camila didn't appear to tell me Dinah left.

By the time it was time to do my song I hadn't seen her giving me a small sense of relief thinking she was still there; but now I was even more anxious. I knew that if she came she probably wouldn't want to watch the show. So I came to the venue a hour before I was supposed to so me and the sound guy could tweak the mic. But we could only do it correctly on the headset microphone so I had to perform with the handheld one then quickly switch.

Luckily we were able to switch them in enough time so I could still do the whole "routine" that I wanted to for this song.

"Okay guys I need you to do me a favor. First things first, no matter what I do I need you guys not to scream too loud because I can't draw myself too much attention on this song. Okay? So when I do this,"

I grabbed a towel from the side and wiped it sexually down my body. About half of the room lost it but most of them kept their composure so it didn't get too loud.

"See, I knew San Fran knew what was up. Now,"

I lowered my voice making their screams die down a little so they could hear me.

"I have a never before heard song that someone backstage thinks I'm singing to someone else. So, I'm going to sing it to her. But in order to do that I have to walk off stage because she isn't coming out here on her own. But I'll have a camera with me so you can see me on the screen. Is that okay with you guys?"

They all screamed making me laugh and put my finger to my lips so they could quiet down.

"Great. Well please do me another favor and record this reaction please. I'll love you forever."

Once more camera's popped up around the venue, I nod to the sound guy so he could prepare the track.

"Now, because this song hasn't been heard before, I'm going to teach you guys the chorus so you can help me sing. So when I sing I need you to sing it back."

I traced my finger in a circle so the backtrack to my song started to play.

"Okay so it goes like this."

Sex ain't better than love

"Now you try."

They sung it back to me making me smile.

"Good. Let's try again."

Sex ain't better than love

When they sung it back, I had them do it one more time before I gave them a thumbs up which was also a signal to drop the beat of the song.

I been outchea in these streets and I done learned
Every girl I gave my loving too was only a substitute
I been outchea in these streets and I done learned
Even though she's in my arms this ain't where my heart belongs
Sex in the air no lovin' here
Soon as I get through, I'm outta there
And it feels so bad but it feels so good
Wishing I could care girl I never could

But then I fell into your love
Didn't let me touch the ground
Now I see it clear that your heart is there
And all these other women they just can't compare...
Girl I know