Blaze

All three of us hid behind the furniture and watched as the door opened slowly. A dark figure peaked around the door for signs of movement. When he felt it was clear he eased in and waved in a follower. We stayed low as these two people rumaged through my dad's things, in and around his desk in the den including the filing cabenet.

     Unsatisisfied they moved swiftly down the hall as if they had been in my house before they knew exactly where to turn for my dad's room. I looked at Jessie with confusion and concern written all over my face. Then all at once it hit me, maybe these are the guys that had something to do with my dad's death. I had to think of a way to stop them, but how?

     I search the room for answers, my eyes landed on a lighter placed on the mantal above the fire place.

An idea came to mind and I was ready to play. I stood up and snapped my fingers forming a small flame on my index finger. I used it to light the fireplace. The snap caught the intruders attention. I could hear them sneaking back to the living room to investigate the noise.

     Justin was waiting to trip them with the telephone wire running across the floor that I helped dad with when we first moved in. Jessie was standing on the counter with her skill running rampid through her body ready to freeze them when they hit the floor, and I was on stand by wanting answers.

"Three, two, one, PULL! FREEZE!"
I yelled.

     It was done and exicuted perfactly. The intruders were face down in a block of ice on the floor, only their heads hanging free. I flipped the light switch on and moved in to get a closer look.

"Why, hello there! It's so nice to have company on this lonely night. Wouldn't you agree?"
I began.

     Jessie jumped down off the counter and helped Justin flip them over to their backs so we could see their faces.

"Now, maybe we should take this time to get better aquanted shall we? Who are you and why are you in my house?"

"That's classified information."

"Boy oh boy, now doesn't that just sound all to familiar. Huuum, let's think back who said that to me once before? Oh wait, I know your the cop that was standing gaurd where I found my dad!"
I said sarcastically.

     Jessie's jaw dropped to the floor.

"Did you kill Judge Cook?"

     He looked away.

"Excuse me sir, you were asked a question, and it deserves an answer."
Justin stepped in.

     I waited for an answer but received nothing.

"If you are a cop why did you kill a Judge? Your job is to serve and protect, not reap havic and distroy."

     He finally turned his head to me.

"I'm not a cop."

"Than why were you posing as one?"

"I was almost busted. So I killed a cop which turned out to be your cousin or something and I traded clothes with him and bam I was free."

"And you are confessing because?"

"I can't get up and I know you are going to turn me in anyways. I have already done what I set out to do. so I'm good turn me in."

"No, you see that would be way to easy of a let off for you and your silent friend over here and it is not going to fly that way. Im going to kill you."

     I held my hands out towards them and told Justin and Jessie to get out of the house so they wouldn't be harmed. I built up the biggest ball of fire that I could and turned the whole house into a blaze. I sat down beside them and watched them struggle to break free of the unmelting ice block. I watched as their skin went from sweating flesh to ashes on the ground.