The Battle

Round after round, the others battled it out. Jessie wouldn't come near me, but that was okay, I didn't need her being friends with me right now. I had to get my mind set on the fight, so I sat and watched everyone else.

     The professor locked the two battling up in a separate room made of some sort of glass type material. It's so thick and strong that no matter what gets thrown at it, it doesn't break or even crack, the room was down the hall from where we always meet.

Two people at a time battled and the rest of us lined up around the glass walls to watch. The professor had a board with our names on it. He lined our names up side by side. Whoever won got moved to the next stage and paired up with one of the other winners, and it just keeps going until there is only one left standing.

     I was prepared to be the last one standing, even though this was my first battle with someone that has a skill. I had to hold back the lightning at least until the end because they only know about the fire. I could use my lightning as a sneak attack at the very end to wipe out who ever I am up against.

     Zack and Dylan were called into the "Box" as professor called it, they walked in, shook hands, and took their stances. The bell rang and the two began to circle around each other not blinking or looking away. Dylan threw out his hand and a bolt of bright light flew across the box and knocked Zack out. Poor kid didn't even have a chance.

     Next up was Justin and Josh, they stepped in, shook hands, and took their stances like the other two. Obviously that was the way it was supposed to start. Justin stood watching Josh's every move. He tried to fake a left, Justin didn't budge. It looked like he knew he was a lot stronger that Josh could ever think about being.

     Judging by the sweat dripping from Josh's face, either he was super nervous or it was really hot in there.

     Justin turned his back to Josh, mistake, never turn your back to your opponent. Josh crept closer to him and lunged. Justin jumped out of the way causing Josh to land face first into the glass. He leaped on top of Josh placed his hand on his back, steam filtered through the air and Josh's screams became to much to handle, maybe it wasn't a mistake to turn around. 

He got up and waited for Josh to get to his feet. Josh threw a big gust of wind knocking Justin into the glass, he quickly turned, held out his hand and formed fire, threw it like a flame thrower bouncing it off the glass, and landing a hit on Josh standing behind him knocking him out.

"Oh no, he is the same as me." I mumbled under my breath.

     My eyes widened and Jessie walked over to me.

"We are next. You ready?"

     I thought to myself, "Well I was," but now I'm not so sure. What if I have to battle with him? Fighting fire with fire is not a good idea. Jessie and I were standing in the box, the bell rang and I finally snapped out of my thoughts.

     Jessie took no time before she threw dozens of ice daggers at me. I dodged all but one, it sliced my left arm, I raised my right arm and threw a fire ball at her, missed, Icy bolts of light came hurdling towards me. I've never seen anything like that, I was so distracted with the beauty of it I didn't move.

     Luckily it missed me, I turned my head back to Jessie.

"Okay Tatiana, its time to put your head in the game."
I said to myself.

     I ran to the other side of her dodging the daggers of ice that seemed to come faster and harder with every dozen she threw.

     I threw myself across the floor tripping her. I jumped up, stood over her and sent a line flame to her face.

     The fire came closer and closer to me as she stood up, she was blocking my attack with a line of ice. She pushed harder and I started sliding backwards. I caught my grip and pushed back.  It  lasted for what felt like an eternity, so I thought of my mom. I channeled that energy and blasted Jessie across the box. She hit the wall and fell to the floor, she was down. I won.

     Unfortunately, the game wasn't over yet, the battles went on and it came down to the last two standing for the big win.

"Justin and Tatiana, are you both ready?"

"Yes sir." Justin answered.

     I was stunned, I couldn't form any words. All the feelings of lust rushed over me as he looked at me and waved me over to the box. Every step I took was slow and small.

"Wake up Tatiana, you have to stop this. You have to win, this is for your mother, think of her, don't let this guy distract you."
I thought to myself.

     Now I was standing face to face with him in the box. We shook hands.

" His hands are so smooth, his eyes are a soft baby blue, his hair a dark brown, and that face, the muscles. I can't fight him, the lust is taking over."
I thought.

*DING*

The bell rang and it was time to battle. This was for the big win. I watched him stand there patiently waiting for me to make a move. I tried to picture my mom, but she kept disappearing. How can I fight him if I can't stop with the lust?

"Hit me!"
I shouted.

He smiled and threw a ball of fire at me, missed.

"Ha! Try again."

     He threw another, missed again. I threw two at once, missed. Back and forth we threw fire balls at each other, both of us dodging them all.

     Finally, a hit landed right in the gut, Justin bent over for only a mere second and came back at me with a flame thrower. I held up my arm to protect my face, I used my free hand and caught him in the side. He stopped to watch me again.

"This is going nowhere."
He said.

As soon as he said that I threw a Lightning bolt at him. It was so powerful it lifted him off the ground electrocuting him, and he fell. I waited for him to get up, he was still breathing so I knew I didn't kill him.

"Your so stupid, if you kill him he will be of no use."
I thought to myself.

     Josh came bursting into the box and doused Justin with water waking him up. They all stood staring at me. I won! I let my feelings get in the way and didn't destroy anyone, but I won!