Jerk of the year Award

Today marks a month since my last episode that landed me in the hospital. I have been getting a lot of attention at school since then too. Who knew that something so weird could make you so popular.

     So anyway, there I was walking down the hall by myself returning to class after getting permission from my teacher to get my book from my locker due to my forgetfulness and leaving it in the first place.

                 Some guy came up from behind me and then jumped out in front of me, he didn't look to pleased with me.

"You know, everyone in this school is obsessed with you and that stupid stunt you pulled in the lunch room, but let me tell you something. I was the king of this school before you showed up. Now you have been named the queen so that means you belong to me. I want my friends and  my name back that you stole from me."

" I didn't steal anything or anyone from you, so if you will excuse me I need to get back to class."

" Not until you agree to be mine so I can have my friends and popularity back."

     He said as he threw himself in front of me again. I tried to walk away but obviously he wasn't having it.

" I don't know you and right now I don't like you, so move."

" You will regret this."

"Whatever."

He finally shut up and walked away. I immediately forgot the conversation and went to class.

During lunch as usual I sat with Jessie. While she was talking I caught a glimpse of that guy that stopped me in the hallway earlier.

He was leaning against the wall to the left of us. I turned my head back to Jessie and asked her who he was. By the time she turned her head to look at him he was gone.

I looked all over the cafeteria but I didn't see him anywhere. Jessie turned back to me and gave me this sly ass look and smiled.

" Why are you looking for him? Do you like him or something?"
She asked.

" What? No, he stopped me in the hall and we had a bit of a heated conversation about me stealing his friends and popularity."

When I said that she immediately knew who I was talking about.

"His name is Josh, he is a real jerk."

" So I've noticed."

"So he is jealous of you now? Ha! Before you it was that guy over there. His name is Jeremy, he got high praise for winning some contest. Although I'm not quite sure of the details. I wasn't paying to much attention."

     She pointed to a tall gangly looking guy with dark brown curly hair with glasses. He was wearing high rise blue jeans that didn't go past ankles, a blue and white horizontally striped button down shirt with a pocket protector and a couple pens tucked in the right pocket.