My Return

I vowed to myself not to return to school, so I didn't. Not until the end of the year battle came around that professor told us about. I was ready!

     I have been practicing and toying with my skill (s) in the wide open area I have come to call home. I even built myself a tree house to live in. When I was younger my dad and I built a lot of things together and the tree house was my favorite, so I built another one to keep his memories with me. 

     I got up early to prepare myself for the battle. I skipped going to the actual school itself, forget the classes, forget everyone in there, all I cared about or thought about was being the champion.

     The professor apparently sensed that I was near. He came outside and stared at me until I came closer. That was the first time I had ever seen him come out of the building.

"Tatiana, where have you been?"

"Oh I think you already know that."

     He said nothing and arched his eyebrow at me as if to say, "Don't be a smart ass."

"Well, its a long story and I don't want to talk about it. Just know that I'm ready for battle. Oh by the way, is there a healer in the group? If not you might want to find one."

     I laughed and walked away to continue training and working myself up, he followed me.

"What are you doing?"
I asked.

" I want to see what you got."

" Are you challenging me?"

" I'm a lover not a fighter. I simply just want to watch you for a little while if that is alright with you."

"Fine."

     To start, I had to relax my mind so I could forget he was standing there watching me like a predator watching it's prey waiting for the right time to pounce.

     I began throwing fire ball after fire ball hitting the target I built every time. It felt amazing to be releasing my anger. It was more of a therapy session to me than practice. I had gotten so good I didn't need to practice, but it kept my mind off of my mom.

     The professor walked away back towards the building as the bell rang at the school.

"Yes! Time to destroy some people!"

      I ran as fast as I could to the meeting room. I was the first one there so I sat waiting impatiently for the others to show. I couldn't help but notice that the professor seemed to be watching every move I made. It was a little uncomfortable, but I did my best not to let it bother me.

Finally, the others started showing up. It was getting close to time for battle, but even with the others there the professor continued to watch me.