The Passing

I woke up the next morning and my first thought was to check on mom. I threw myself out of bed and ran down the hall into the livingroom. She wasn't there, I turned around and ran to her and dad's room, she wasnt there either. At that point my heart picked up it's pace and I ran to the kitchen and seen dad sitting at the table alone with his face burried in his hands.

"Dad?"

     He looked up at me, his face was red and swollen from crying.

"Dad whats wrong?" I rushed to the table and wrapped my arms around him.

"She's gone."
He mumbled.

"WHAT?"

     I stood there in shock. No words were forming in my head, confused and hurt, all I could do was just stand there. I was right, my mom didn't make it. Some time during the night she took her last breath.

"Dad, how long?"
I asked.

"I woke up at 1:25, I heard her struggling to breath, tossing and turning. So I sat up, moved over closer to her, and put my hand on her shoulder. I was talking to her, telling her that everything was going to be okay and I called 911, but it wasn't. She took her last breath at 1:45. She faught for twenty minutes. I didn't want to wake you up to the sight of your mom being unresponsive so I let you sleep. I have been sitting here since they took her away."

      I was stunned, I couldn't believe what I just heard. I kept my arms wrapped tightly around my dad as tears began streaming down my face. All of a sudden my whole body went numb.

     I let go of him and slowly walked away. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Flames began to form around me. I had to get out of the house. I kicked the back door open and ran as far into the woods as I could, let out a loud, hard, scream, and the flames grew higher.

     Crackling in the leaves caught my attention, someone was coming.

"What in the world, freak."

The words that came from the strange kid's mouth only made my anger grow. I turned and looked at him as he stood there like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. I held my hands up, the fire grew,

" Time to see what I can do."

     I threw my hands toward him and the fire shot across the field in the form of a ball, direct hit.

     I watched as he rolled around on the ground trying to put himself out. It didn't work, the more he paniced the higher the flames. The ground was catching on fire, then it went up a tree. Leaves of fire began to fall around him. He laid still as a smile found it's way across my face.

" I think im going to like this."
I said to myself.

     Not willing to stick around, I jumped in the water and swam across. I ended up in someone elses back yard, I could see someone staring at me from their window.

"Hey, This is private property! Get off my Lawn!"

     I smiled politly, threw a fire ball and the house went down. I continued to walk, and a dog started runing after me, another fire ball, the dog went down. The skill seemed to be taking control of me, but I liked it. I was numb, no pain, no sorrow, I just kept going knocking down anyone and everything that stood in my way.

I came to this wide open area and threw my hands up in the air. To my suprise lighting bolts came from my hands up to the sky forming the biggest storm I had ever seen.

     This was new! I liked it! I stood there in the pouring rain. I loved the way it felt hitting my skin. I fell back onto ground facing the sky not moving, just letting the rain drops cool my skin. That was the beginning of an amazing new me. I wasn't going home.