Busted

All I could do or even think about was my skill. I was so involved with it that my grades began to slowly drop and my parents began to question me.

     I was sitting in my room and I heard my door knob rattle. I looked up in time to see the door open and a hand grasp it just above the knob. My mom peaked in and asked permission to enter. I agreed and both my mom and dad walked in.

"Tatiana, we need to talk."
My dad said softly scratching the back of his head as if he was slightly confused.

Then my mom joined in.

"We just got off the phone with one of your teachers. She seems very concerned about you.
So we must ask. Is there something wrong?

     I shrugged.

"Tatiana we want you to succeed, so talk to us. Does our moving have anything to do with this? Are things getting difficult? Are you going through something that we might be able to help you with?"

     Mom went on and on with the questions trying to guess what was wrong. Honestly, I didn't know if I could tell her about this "problem" or not. I was still trying to figure it all out myself. I didn't need to add to the situation. So I lied.

"I guess its just the move. I didn't think it would bother me this much. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy dad got the job of his dreams, but I guess its just a lot harder than I expected that's all. I'll do better I promise!"

     Dad smiled, "Well, ok than, but you better stick to your promise young lady we only want what is best for you."

"Yes sir."

     We hugged it out and they left my room. I held my promise and started on my homework. As I was holding my book I spaced out. I drifted off into my own little world.

     I was imagining myself standing out in the middle of an open field. There was nothing but me and the grass. Then out of nowhere Jessie appeared in front of me. She smiled, then took her stance, I took mine.

     We turned into these Dragon Ball Z type characters with red flames around me and spiked hair, and blue ice like flames surround her with her hair spiked as well.

We threw balls of red and blue light back and forth, but of course I dodged every one she threw at me. I was smashing her left and right, then all of a sudden she finally landed a hit. I came crashing down to the ground wounded by the biggest ball of light she could throw.

I didn't even see it coming. I was laying there on the ground back to my normal self, she was still blazing and looked down at me.

"Your on fire!"
She said calmly.

     The smoke alarm started going off in my room and snaped me out of my day dream to see that my hands were glowing red and the book I was holding had caught on fire. I heard my parents rushing down the hall to my room. I grabbed a glass of water off my desk but my burning hot hands caused the glass to burst spilling water everywhere except for the places I needed it.

My dad was the first one to come crashing through my bedroom door.

"TATIANA!"

     He turned to my mom.

"BABE CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT SHE'S ON FIRE."