WHAT?

My dad has been in the hospital for two weeks now. The surgery went well and he was placed in recovery. The doctor said he would be able to go home within the next couple of days.

     I was at the house trying to clean up so my dad could come home to a nice clean house. I had my music blaring and was lost in it completely, dancing and singing into the broom handle when a sudden frantic beating sound came from the front door.

"Who is it?"

"Tatiana, its me Jessie open up hurry."

I ran to the door and unlocked it to let her in.

"What is it, and why are you panting like a dog?"

"I don't know your number so I couldn't call you. There has been an accident, I ran all the way over here to tell you."

     She had to stop and take a breath before continuing.

"There has been an accident, at the hospital."

"WHAT?"

     My heart started racing. I slipped my shoes on and ran out the door. Jessie and I ran as fast as we could to the hospital. There were  tons cops surrounding the place already. I had to find a way threw.

"Come on lets go this way."

     I pointed to a flight of stairs on the side of the building that was unguarded. We ran quickly to them and slipped inside. The elevator was to risky so we took the stairs all the way to the sixth floor where they keep the heart patients, where my dad is. We quickly located his room and went in trying to be quiet so no one would know we were there.

" Um, Tatiana, I think we have a bit of a problem."

     I turned around to see that my dad was not in the room, panic set in and quickly began to take over.

"Where is he?"

"I don't know hun. Lets see if there is still a nurse or doctor in here that can tell us."

     We looked all over the sixth floor but found no one. It had already been completely evacuated. I went behind the desk to see if they had any logs for my dad's room so I could see if they moved him.

"Look Jessie, I found the log book."

     I skimmed through it and found the logs for his room.

"Patient moved to the first floor, room 126 for recovery."

"Lets go."

     We ran back down the stairs out of breath and falling week from whatever kind of chemical was lurking in the air. When we reached the first floor we stopped and stayed behind the corner, the cops were surrounding a room. I couldn't see what number was on the door.

"Jessie, stop there are cops at the room around the corner. I don't know where dad's room is how are we going to get past them?"

"I don't know."

     We stood there looking for a way around the cops. Jessie opened the door next to us, we went in and found a hallway that led back out to the same hall we were on when we came from the stairs only further from the cops. The door in front of us was room 112. I looked to the left and the numbers were going down.

"We have to go back the other way."

     We crept closer and closer back to the staircase. I looked closer at the numbers on the doors.

"Tatiana, that's your dad's room the cops are at."

"No, they can't be."

"I'm afraid so hun."

     I felt my heart drop to my ankles as the fear began to take over my mind and body. I lost control and stepped out so the cops could see me.

"Tatiana, what are you doing?"
Jessie whispered.

"Hey, whats going on? That's my dad's room."
I said to the cops completely ignoring Jessie.

     The officer standing guard behind the circle of police around the door looked at me.

"I'm sorry, you can't be in here you have to leave now, you are not safe in here."

"I'm not leaving until I find my dad, and that is his room. Now what is going on?"

"That's classified information. How did you get in here?"

"That's classified information."
I mocked.

" You need to leave."

"Not until I know what is going on and why you are surrounding my dad's room."

"Who is your dad?"

"His name is Blane Cook."

"Judge Cook."
He stared at me for a moment.

     It seemed like he didn't know what to say.

"Hello, anyone home? What is going on?"
I said.

" I.....I...... I'm sorry I'm not in position to say."

     I had enough of the games. My blood pressure sky rocketed and I pushed past the guard, he didn't even try to stop me. I squeezed myself through the circle of cops with them grabbing me trying to keep me out. Lucky for me I had been pouring sweat in the hot ass place and I was to slippery for them to get a good grip. I quickly got to my feet and slammed the door shut to keep the cops out unaware of what was in the room with me. I smiled at them and turned around.