Getting Close

The longer I sat in the hospital the more aggrivated I got. I sat and thought about everything that has happened since we moved to Louisana. Then I remembered talking to Jessie, I had to meet up with her at the levy. I leaned over and kissed my dad on the forehead and slowly walked out of the room closing the door softly.

     I ran as fast as I could to the levy. Thankfully it wasn't to far away from the hospital. Though at this point I wished my skill was teleportation. Finally reaching the levy I spotted Jessie sitting on the edge of the boat docks.

"Jessie!"

She look up and smiled.

" Hey! I was beging to think you weren't going to show up."

"Sorry, I was at the hospital."

"Oh no, is everything okay?"

"I don't know. I remembered I was suppose to meet you here and ran out before the doctor showed up."

"Oh, well if you want we can do this later, who is in the hospital?"

" My dad."

"Im so sorry, you go ahead and go back with your dad we can do this later."

"He will be fine, really. So what did you want to show me?"

She looked concerned but I didn't want to think about it, I needed the distraction. She took me over to a boat that stood taller than the rest. It was white with gold flames running along the sides, it looked more like a ship than a boat.

"This was my birthday gift last year from my mom, she died three days later."

"Im sorry to hear that. You know, my mom died too, except it was a bit more recent."

" How recent?"

" Two weeks ago."

"Oh wow, and now your dad is in the hospital? You got it pretty rough right now huh."

"Yea, but the oddest thing is no one was home with my dad and the E.M.T said some lady called them claiming to be his wife. I don't have a step mom and my mom is dead. I don't know who called."

"Do you believe in spirits?"

"I Never really thought about it before, but I don't like this subject, why did you ask me to come here?"

" I'll show you! Follow me!"

She took me onto the deck of the boat and opened a latch on the floor. She looked at me and smiled and contined down the steps. I followed her down and she turned the light on

"This is where I live!"
She said smiling and waved her arms around.

     The ceiling was a terquise color with drawings of wolves and dreamcatchers, the walls matching, trinkets of gold and silver decorated the place, awards, metals, trophies, all surrounding me.

"Did you win all these?"

"Yea, I was in gymnastics from the time is was 4 up until I turned 16."

" Why did you quit?"

"It was my moms dream for me. So when she passed, so did that dream."

" You didn't like it?"

"I loved it."

"So again why did you quit?"

"It reminded me to much of her. I couldn't take the pain."

"I know the feeling."

"Anyway, this is what I wanted to show you. What do you think?"

" Its amazing. You live here by yourself?"

" Yep! My mom was a single parent so I had no where else to go when she left the world so I fixed it up and made it my own."

"Wow."

     We talked for the next couple of hours, and I finally decided to bring her to meet my dad. I knew it would probably weird since he was in the hospital, but I wanted them to meet just in case he didn't make it.

When we got to his room I took a deep breath and pushed the door open as I let it out. The doctor was standing beside the bed writting notes on his clipboard,

"Who are you?"
He asked me.

"Im his daughter."

"Oh, ok well come in and have a seat. I will explain everything in just a second."

We walked in and took a seat as the doctor said. We waited for him to talk and I watched for signs of life from my dad. He looked so weak just layin there, I could bearly stand the sight. The doctor finally stopped writing and placed his clipboard on the bed next to my dad's legs.

" Is this your sister?"

" No, she is a friend."

"Do you mind her hearing what I'm about to tell you?"

"I'm probably going to tell her anyway."

"Okay, well, your dad is going to need open heart surgery. His incident caused his heart to shut down. We revived him but it's still failing. So there is a fity fifty chance of him living through it."

"Do what you have to do to save him."

"We will do what we can for him."