Chapter 26 : Class Is In Session

Over dinner fake mom basically tattled on me to fake-dad and kept asking embarrassing questions about me and Aiden. 

"So how long have you known him?" 

"I told you mom, just a couple of days but if feels like years," I answered smiling at our insider. 

"Well that's great! Did you hear that, dear? They're bonding already!" 

"Mom....we really are just friends." 

"That's the kid with the motorcycle?" Fake dad asked. 

"Yeah..." 

"Well I don't mind you dating boys"- 

"Dad!" I swear I was gonna be sick. 

"But just be careful on that thing. We don't need any accidents in the family." 

"Trust me Dad, that won't be a problem..." 

"How long have you two been dating?"  

"Mom!" Women and their gossip! "For the last time: We...are just.....Friends...." I said as slowly as possible so they could understand. Suddenly fake dad and mom started whispering across the table.

I rolled my eyes and twirled my spoon around in my soup. The longer they whispered the less questions they asked, so I tried to gulp down the most of my soup as quickly as possible, despite the burning in my throat, so I could go to bed early. Then finally the turned to me. 

"Princess...we need to talk..." 

"Uh-huh," I said around a mouthful of burning soup. 

Fake Dad looked at fake Mom, and she cleared her throat and looked awkwardly to the side. "Well....." he continued, "There will come a day in your life...when...you'll meet a boy...and...certain urges will come over..." 

My spoon clattered on my platter and I nearly choked on the soup. 

No. 

No fucking way. 

There is no way in hell I'm going to get "the talk" girl-version from my fake parents. No way in hell. 

I stood up, ready to waste the soup that was actually quite satisfying. "No-dad, mom; we already had this discussion in school freshman year, ok? Its okay, thank-you for your concern but"- 

"Yes princess, but there's some things that they don't tell you about in school." 

"Like what!?" I had a very direct health teacher as a freshman. So direct in fact, that he scared the whole class into abstinence for a year. I doubt there was anything he didn't cover. And if he didn't, my real dad did it for him. 

"Like how a boy can make you feel," fake mom answered. "I mean Aider"- 

"Aiden." 

"Aiden seems like a nice boy but you shouldn't change yourself to make a boy like you." 

"Change myself!?" 

"Your mother's right, Princess. I mean the way you're dressed, your hair"- 

I held the ends of my hair up, "This, and this," I said referring to my clothes, "has nothing to do with a boy! This is what I did when I slept over at Anna's! All the girls got a new make over." 

"Well..." fake mom said eyeing me suspiciously, "where'd you get the money?" 

I blanched. Shit. Didn't think they'd notice. "I've been saving," I lied quickly. Before they could ask anything else I faked a yawn. "Well, it was nice having this talk but I really need to take a shower do my homework and go to bed. So goodnight!" I quickly ran to the bathroom and locked the door.