Chapter 17: Stepping Up, While Stepping Back

"Hey Jess! Are you alright? You weren't at school yesterday and Aid and I were really worried about you, are you okay? Oh god I hope you're not too hurt!!" Anna had rushed into my arms and gushed all the words at me at once with so much speed I had a hard time keeping up. 

"I'm fine, Anna I'm fine," I said trying to reassure her. Once I had somewhat convinced her that I was not dying I glanced at Aiden, realizing she had just called him "Aid," and even though I knew the truth now, them being together so often alone and the fact that she was now using his oh-so sacred nickname still kinda irked me. 

"Where's Jenni?" I asked, noticing the jealousy in my voice and trying to mask it. 

Aid wasn't fooled. He answered me with a raised eye brow and that mischievous needle-point dimpled smile. "Um...with her friends...I would guess..." 

"Doesn't she ever wanna spend time with you?" 

Shut-up, Jesse, he's gonna think you like him!!! 

"Ummm......." he was trying not to laugh as he came up with his answer, and whether it was because he knew who I really or because he really did think I liked him I had no idea; and it drove me nuts. 

I was just about to give into these new natural girl tendencies and stamp my foot when right on cue Jenni showed up besides Aiden.  

"Hey," she chirped planting a kiss on his cheek. He blushed at the mini display of affection and ran a hand through his curls. 

"Uh...h-hi Jenni..." I smirked. Seeing the obvious effect Jenni had on Aiden was just adorable. If I were Jesse I'd embarrass him even further by pointing out the blush on his cheeks. 

My smirk soon disappeared as Jenni turned her gaze to me. "Oh my gosh, you must be Jessica! I'm so sorry for what my friends did to you! I wasn't part of it, I swear! I didn't even know it was gonna happen, they all just grouped together and"- 

"Wait, what did they do to her?" Anna asked with her brows pulling together. 

I tried to answer but once again Jenni beat me to it. "They jumped her. It was awful! All I know is they had rocks, and"- 

I sighed. I wanted to keep it a secret. They did physically weaken me but mentally they strengthened me. They strengthened me to the point that now I had a plan that would bring the bastard I created in my own empire crashing down. 

"Those bitches!" Anna fused with her hands balled in delicate fists and stomped her foot. I smiled as I stared at her dainty but strong fist, imagining it taking Shenise by surprise square in the jaw. 

"Jessica? Can you hear me? Are you traumatized? Oh gosh guys, I think she's traumatized!!" Anna worried so freakin much and I thought it was just adorable. 

Right now Anna, Jennie and even Aiden were hovering over me. I realized I should answer. 

"Hey guys, I'm fine, they barely even touched me." Judging by their blank stared I figured I had to lie better. "Well they did but I really am fine. Besides...I have a plan.." 

"Count me in," Anna said before I could even finish. 

"Me, too," Jenni surprised me, "I don't care if they're my friends, they went way too far this time." 

We all turned to look at Aiden, who in turn looked at Anna, Jenni and then lastly his eyes rested on me. I stared back at him, mentally pleading him to do this with me. 

Partners in crime, remember? I mentally reminded him. 

Suddenly he smirked, giving me the infamous needle-point dimpled grin of mischief. "Hell yeah I'm in!" He agreed enthusiastically, "let's lock those bitches back in their cages!" He shouted.