Chapter 2: The King meets the Witch

I had the boys out for an extra thirty minutes because of a "certain someone's" attitude and animosity. They were all pissed but hopefully now he'll remember who's captain, and who really has the power, no matter how foolish I might've looked today... 

"Are you sure you should've done that?" Aiden asked me after he stepped out of the showers. Aiden has black hair, but unlike Ronny he has two faint dimples and deep oceanic blue eyes. His hair was ridiculously curly, even more than mine but he had it short. But it grew fast so some curled up strands still stuck to his forehead as he stood with a towel around his waist in front of me. 

I was distracted at some other thought so his soft spoken voice nearly startled me, and I yanked my hands out of my dark brown hair and looked up at him. 

"Hey man, you kay?" he asks sitting next to me. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm cool." 

"So do you think you should've done that?" he repeated. 

"Done what?" 

"Extend practice like that. You know Aaron has a job that he was late for." 

I looked at him. "Dude, does it look like I give a fuck about Aaron?"  

He looked down and shrugged. "I don't know," he mumbled. "I just didn't want any beef with him, that's all." I sighed. Great, I thought. Now I feel bad. Aiden and I couldn't be more different but we're practically brothers. We grew up together and he was my friend when no one was...I always thought of him as a little brother. I sighed.  

"Look I'm...sorry alright? I just....I don't know - have a lot on my mind..." 

He smiled mischievously, letting me know I was forgiven. "You wanna talk about it?" But by the way he was smiling I could tell he could already guess where my mind was. 

I stood to finally get dressed. " Not really," I snorted as non-chalantly as possible while getting my clothes from my locker. He rose and went through his as well, which happened to be right next to mine. 

"You sure?" he urged with that smile on his face. "Some girl would have nothing to do with you literally falling head over heels this afternoon?" he suggested leaning against his locker. I avoided eye contact. I couldn't tell him what I saw. He'd think I'm crazy...would he?  

"Hey, Aid-" before I could finish in comes Andrew. Aiden ignored his presence and looked to me to continue. I shook my head discreetly to signify this conversation shouldn't be overheard, and he rolled his eyes and went back to fishing out his clothes.  

"Hey Cap. Aid?" Andrew said by way of greeting. 

"Aiden," Aiden mumbled in correction under his breath. Only my dad and I could him Aid. But mostly me. Aiden wasn't what one would call verbose.

"Aiden," I said in correction to Andrew. 

"What was that Cap.?"  

"Call him Aiden." 

"Oh. Sure thing Cap." 

Aiden eyed me with a sly smirk on his lips, making his dimples look like little needle points. I winked back at him. It was game time. "So Jess," he started casually, "you seen any new girls lately?" 

"Nope. Not recently bro," I replied just as casually as I pulled on my jeans. One of the other really annoying but sometimes useful thing about Andrew was that he gossiped like a chick. He got ragged on for this quite often as well, but he really did know almost everyone in the whole school. You were just never allowed to credit him for it because then that would also make you a chic, and he'd probably start thinking he was way too cool. So Aiden and I decided to prank it out of him. Easiest. Thing. Ever.