Chapter 6: The King Meets the Angel in Disguise

Aiden was silent walking next to me on our way to class. "What's up with you, dude?" I asked, still feeling awesome about my confrontation with the "witch" this morning. He shrugged and kept his eyes down.  

"Nothing..." 

I laughed. "Dude, did you see the look on her face when I scratched her car?" 

"Sadness?" he asked, not seeming as excited as me. 

I scoffed, "Dude who cares? She almost took us out this morning!" 

He rolled his eyes. "I'm pretty sure she didn't do it on purpose.." 

"Well now she knows to be more careful," I shrugged as we stopped to get our bio books out of our lockers. 

He shook his head, "I don't know man..." 

"What?" 

He shrugged, "I just don't think you needed to do all that..." 

I stared at him. "Aid, you cannot be serious! This chick is gonna try and turn our senior year into complete hell!" 

"By doing what, Jess? Making you nervous at practice and bad driving skills?" 

I thought about it. "Well...yeah...my point exactly." 

Aiden rolled his eyes and went through his locker. "Sure, man..." 

"Aid," I sighed, "c'mon dude, you can't be serious right now." 

He turned about ready to go. "I'm cool. They're you're decisions. I'm just watching you make them." I rolled my eyes at his over-dramatics and we both started to head to class when I first saw her. 

She was an angel in disguise. Her ivory skin seemed to glow beneath the flow of her golden hair, her lips looked soft and glossy, beautiful as a rose and pink as a carnation. Even her brows had a slight magnetic arch to them, that were the same brown-blonde color as her hair. Her figure was so perfect it could make a coke bottle explode in envy. Her eyes were two charming pools of dark brown, and for the slightest second they looked my direction before flickering away again. 

Aid literally had to wave his hand in front of my face to regain my attention. "Who is that....??" I mumbled. 

Aid chuckled. "Yup. I knew you'd find her eventually. That's Anna. Andrew mentioned her the other day while you were spaced out making controversies about witches and stuff." 

But I was so bedazzled by her beauty even that peevish remark didn't get the best of me. "Is she single?" I asked, slowly trying to pick my jaw off the floor. 

Aiden shrugged. "I don't know. But...you can always ask her yourself..." 

"What? Uh-uh- no way, dude. Forget about it." 

He shrugged himself off his locker he'd been leaning on. "Fine then. I'll do it." 

I shot up instantly and pushed him back toward the locker, "no way, dude! I saw her first!" 

Anyone else probably would've shoved me back harder, but Aiden just laughed. He knew how my temper was. "Well then you better move on her before someone else does..." Right on cue. Aaron and Ronny come striding down the hall in her direction. I inhale. 

"I got this," I assure myself out loud. "Besides, what girl can resist me?" I strode over to her across the hall, with confidence radiating off me like the sun. She had her back turned toward me, and was reaching for something in the top shelf of her locker.

This gesture caused the back of her shirt to rise up ever so slightly, revealing two adorable dimples that rested in the small of her smooth, creamy, vanilla back. I also couldn't help but admire the way her golden locks cascaded down her back in gentle waves and curved in just above her smart, tight, curved little-