Chapter 5: "Welcome to Your First Day In Hell"

The next day my dad and I seemed to forgive each other. Neither one of us ever really being emotional I simply knew I was forgiven as he let me drive the fiat to school today, and he knew by the way I remained "respectful." Real men don't say sorry.

That's what my dad always said. I stopped by Aiden's house and he was sitting on the love seat on his porch when I pulled up. Aiden was never let. "Whoa man, what happened to your face?" He questioned, concern clouding his face. 

I shrugged. "Dad punched me in the face." 

He sighed. Events like this between my dad and I were pretty much a regular thing. If we didn't both have little bitch fits like that I would know we hate each other for real. "Was my fault," I answered casually. "I brought up mom." It was silent next to me. I looked over and saw him gaping at me like a fish out of water. 

"You what!?!?" 

"Dude, he kept saying how he, Chelsie and I are a family! It was so annoying, like she is not a part of my family. Maybe yours, but definitely not mine." 

"I like Chelsie," he said with a kind smile. 

"Ok great. You can have her. What time can you pick her up tomorrow?" We both laughed at this. 

"But seriously, dude what is it with you and Chelsie. She seems to genuinely like your dad and really care about you." 

I kept my eyes on the road as I always did to remain unemotional. "She's not her." I answered simply. But I couldn't hide my fake lack of emotions from him. He sighed, "Jesse"-- 

An ancient looking hearse suddenly swerves up in front of us, and I slam on the break to avoid it hitting my front bumper.  

"The fuck!?!" I shouted as the careless driver drove on ahead of me. Next to me Aiden was scrambling for his seat belt and loudly buckled it in place.  

"Dude, what the hell happened?" He shouted. 

"I don't know this idiot driver just turned out of the corner right in front of me without even watching out for anything!" I blared my horn loudly after the mystery driver who casually drove on ahead as if he hadn't nearly cost Aiden and I our lives. "Freakin' idiot...." I mumbled to myself. Aiden just sighed in relief.  

"Well, at least we're not dead," he added. I whacked him on the back of the head as a smile eventually came to my face.  

"You're such a dumbass..." 

"Ow! What did I say?"

I laughed. "Its everything you say. You know you should really take a look on the pessimist side of life for once. See how we live." 

He gave me a look, "the pessimist side? No, no, I'll leave the witch believing and negative near-death opinions to you, my friend." We laughed again, and soon the ancient idiot hearse driver was forgotten. 

Eventually we pulled up to school and Aiden and I got out of the car. 

"Hey Jay!" I heard a seductive female voice call to me. I turned and saw Shenise with some of her girls from the cheer squad coming toward me. Remember that girl Aaron and tried to steal from me like a third grader? Well she was deinitely worth the fight.

Now Shenise could make you forget any "near death experiences"as Aiden had put it. I watched the way one beautifully chocolate toned leg gracefully crossed in front of the other, then my eyes traveled up the rest of her perfection. I admired her toned thighs and the way her red and white cheer skirt that had the tiniest slit on her upper right thigh.

Her pinched in waist and the sight of her glistening belly button ring nearly had my mouth watering. Up more my eyes lifted to her rounded chest that bounced so naturally when she walked, and finally my eyes found the perfect features of her face; her full pouty lips and almond shaped eyes, the way her dark black hair fell about her shoulders and moved so gracefully in the wind she created with her walk.