Chapter 3: True or False?

I was already in the car by the time Aiden caught up to me. He came running and hopped in right before I put the key in ignition. "Hey Jess, what's the matter? You upset about something?" 

"Fine," I mumbled. 

"Whoa...hey Jesse...speed limits do exist ya know," Aiden cautioned in a strained voice. I glanced down at the speed-o-meter. 85 miles per hour. Not too bad, I thought to myself. But Aiden looked like he was about to have a panic attack, so I eased my foot off the gas. Aiden slowly released a breath of air he had apparently been holding and turned to me. "Dude! What gives? You alright? I mean you just stormed outta there like Andrew just insulted your car or something!" 

I sighed. Well, goodbye sanity. "Hey Aid," I started through clenched teeth, still irritated about what I was about to try and tell him, "You know that one weird chick at practice today?" 

"The one in all black? Yeah, weird. She made me feel all uneasy and stuff." He said with a shiver. 

My face lightened with temporary hope, "You, too?"  

"Are you crazy? I'm pretty sure half the guys at practice felt that way. And the way she kept staring at you..." he shivered again. 

Ah. So she was staring at me...
"Well....I thought I saw something.....when I tripped?" 

"Yeah....what happened you never fumble like that.? 

I repressed a sigh again. Well...here goes.... "Well while I was running I happened to look at her and I saw...." 

"Saw what?" 

"Ahh, I don't know....you're gonna think I'm crazy," I said, eyes on the road. 

"Hey..." I glanced at Aiden with his half-smile smile that gave him needle point dimples again. "Try me," he challenged. 

Ok. Just let it out. All at once. Like a band-aid. "Well I feel like I saw something on her face--no not on her face but...in her face? No, that's not it, it was her face. It...changed...only for like a second, but, dude I swear that I saw something...."  

"Well...what did you see exactly?" Aiden asked trying to help. 

"Her...nose outgrew her face and had these viscous warts on them and her hair....ugh, it was matted and in dreadlocks with all this crap in it and her"- 

"Her black hood turned to a pointed black hat and she suddenly had a broom and her skin turned green," he finished for me. 

I flushed, "I knew you wouldn't believe me..." 

"Jess....I just...I'm not sure what you want me to believe. That the new girl's a witch? I mean are you really gonna let one of Andrew's stories get to you? Its Andrew for goodness sake." 

"No, this was before Andrew told us that stupid story...it's why I fell today."  

Aiden sighed. "I see what this is about..." 

I eyed him, "what?" 

"You're upset because you lost for the first time today because you tripped." 

"What!? No, dude"-- 

"C'mon Jesse it happens to everyone once in a while. You shouldn't let your pride get the best of you sometimes." 

I sighed as I pulled up to his house. "Forget it..." 

"You 'kay?" He asked before stepping out of the car. 

"Yeah...whatever..." 

He sighed, "look Jesse don't think too much on it. Kay? Witches and all that supernatural crap just don't exist. Are you gonna start looking for Edward Cullen next?" 

I couldn't help but smile at that. "Nah, dude....you're right....I was probably just tired..." 

He smiled. "Later?" 

"Ator." That was thing we did ever since we were kids. We both thought we were too cool to say "see ya later alligator," so we just abbreviated it...plus it was something my mom always said....I pulled out of his driveway and headed home.