Chapter Seven

SEVEN

I woke up in Kyle's arms I slept OK but I have a feeling that was only because I was in Kyle's arms. I feel protected when he holds me. We both got up and got changed for school I borrowed his older sisters clothes, she's away to college so. I had cereal and Kyle had a giant plate full of pancakes I mean it was like a mountain, I had fun teasing him about it!

"You looking forward to your first real day at school?" I knew he wasn't but it was funny to watch his expression.

"Oh Hell To The No." He said acting like a diva while wiggling his finger. I burst out in to fits of laughter. Then my phone rang, it was Zach I guess he heard.

"Hi Zach."

"Dani where the hell are you!" he shouted down the phone his voice strained.

"I'm OK I stayed over at a friends."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "I heard what Jason did to you."

I could almost feel tears build up in my eyes "Yea it's OK you can still be friends I don't mind." I knew Zach would want to be friends with him again he didn't even need to ask. Zach liked him before every thing happened and I was actually alright with it.  

"That's good see you at school." He hung up.

When I checked my phone I realised that I had a load of new messages I had about a million from Sammy which all basically said the same thing 'Where are you? I heard what happened?' I just replied saying 'I'm fine.' I felt my heart jump out of my chest as I saw the next text from Jason 'Please forgive me, I messed up, I love you.' Yea right! If he loved me he wouldn't have cheated! I didn't bother replying. Jason didn't deserve my attention anymore. I'm not even going to talk to him.

Kyle threw the plates and bowls into the fridge and I put my phone in my pocket.

"You ready?"

"Yep." I said popping the 'p' and jumping out of my seat.

"Shall we." Kyle said extending his arm out to me. I was starting to like him but I don't know if I would be able to date just yet. Although saying that if he asked I'd probably say yes.

"We shall." I replied messing around. We grabbed our stuff and took his car to school.

When I got out I could feel eyes staring at me. But that may have been the fact that me and Kyle's arms were linked together as we walked and every one knew I only got out of a relationship yesterday. I felt like shouting at them all that we were just friends. But I'd only be wasting my time.

"Hi Dani." Zach said hugging me.

"Hey Zach I am so sorry I forgot to call I was really tired I'm surprised I did collapse." OK so maybe some of that was a lie but I didn't want him giving me a lecture about calling.

"I it's OK and um-" He looked suspiciously over to Kyle and raised and eyebrow. "Who is he?"

"He's-" Kyle interrupted me.

"I'm Kyle."

"Yea, what I was going to say. I stayed over at his last night." I smiled sweetly hoping he wouldn't mind.

"Um.. well ..Um..Fine I guess. Bye" He rushed. Oh my God he thinks we had sex no no no no. He only gets all awkward like that when he thinks I had sex. But there is an upside to all of this now I don't have to get the lecture about staying with random people.

"He thinks we had sex." I whispered to Kyle holding back a laugh.

"So that's what he was suddenly all awkward." He whispered back and chuckled.