Right now though I need to get to bed. It's late and it's game night tomorrow night. I can't wait. I've been a little on edge the last few days. I haven't been for a good run in a while though. Maybe I should go tomorrow after the game.

~~~~

I pull my truck into the parking lot at school.  I'm late, it's ok though, it's not like I'm behind on any of my classes. I'm pretty much top in all of them. I step out of my car and head towards the school doors. There's something different. I start looking a round to try and work out what it is, but no ones around. The more I concentrate though I notice there's a scent that I've not noticed before. It's nice. I can't really put my finger on what it is. But it's there.

I go through my morning classes, still being able to smell what ever it is, but not finding what it is. But I just need to ignore it. We've got a game tonight and a team meeting to get to now so I need to go round up the boys from the lunch room. As I'm walking towards to there, I notice the scent is becoming stronger. And I feel like I'm just being pulled towards it by an invisible rope. It's not an unpleasant feeling. I get to the lunch room door and stop dead in my tracks. My heart feels like it's about to explode out of my body.

My ears only hear her voice, no other sound is getting through. She's not saying much, but just those little sounds she's making is doing things to my body and I'm craving to hear more. The first thing my eyes land on is long dark glossy hair that hangs in waves. I can't see her face but I know when she turns around she will be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. The second thing my eyes land on is the fact that there is a guy, one of my team mates, O'Connor, with his arm around her shoulders. Touching her. I can feel my temper raising, I'm trying very hard to not lose my rag here but finding it very difficult.

This is insane I've never even seen her or talked to her. The only way I should be feeling like this over a girl is if she's my....., but......

Mine....

My whole body screams at me that she is mine.

This is what has had me on edge all day, that smell, her divine smell is what was different about school today. She is what was different. But this is going to ruin everything. My plans. It can't be happening now, it's not even safe for her. I'm stood frozen to the ground. Unable to move and unable to take my eyes off her. My anger is still growing. I don't  like that she is there and I'm still stood here, and I hate that there's another male touching her. But I'm also angry because this wasn't supposed to happen yet. I'm torn between marching over there, punching O'Connor and throwing her over my shoulder to go claim her straight way or marching over there and telling her to go away and come back in a few years time. After I've had my normal high school experiences and college.  When I'm stronger. When I can keep her safe. There's no way dad would let me go away to college if he knew I'd found my mate. I'd be Alpha by this time next year.

Thats not fair to her or to me.

I can tell she's getting fidgety but if I can smell her she must be able to smell me too. She sits up straighter and starts looking around the lunch room. Her eyes finally land on me and they don't move any further. I was right. She is the most exquisite thing I've ever seen.

Mine. Mate ... my body hums again.

She's locked her eyes with mine and neither of us can seem to look away. But when I thought I couldn't get any more annoyed, O'Connor bends to her ear and whispers in to it. Then turns around and looks at me. I'm going to break his hand if he doesn't take it off her and rip out his tongue if he talks into her ear that close again. I can feel myself beginning to shake. I'm struggling to hold back from shifting right here, right now. I've got to get out of here before everyone sees me transform into a huge wolf or someone ends up dead.

I run.

After I've managed to cool myself down a little and deciding I can't take the whole of the afternoon off if I want to play at the game tonight I go to my last class. I can't get her face out of my head. It's imprinted there. Walking into biology I can smell her before I'm even in the room. I'm not sure I can be in the same room with her without touching her but right now I think there's only one thing that will calm down my body and take away the edge that's been there for days.

Her.

Walking in I stand by the door to see where exactly she is is the room and I spot her in the far corner looking through a text book but not really paying attention to it. She looks up at me and I'm pulled into the room by her. She doesn't even know what she's doing to me. I don't even know what she's doing to me. There's an empty seat directly behind her so I go sit there, cursing that they aren't double desks but smiling at her as I walk past. I can't believe she's sat right there. Right I front of me. I've got to do something. I'm the freaking school quarterback, why am I so nervous with her. If Tara doesn't scare me I don't know why she does.

because she's my mate... Before I even realise what I'm doing I reach out and tap her on the shoulder. I just need to touch her. As soon as I do, I feel like two hundred bolts has just been struck right through my body. My body is practically purring like a kitten.

"Do you have a pen.....?" A pen?? Smooth, real smooth. She just looks at me, stunned. I wonder if she felt it too. She doesn't answer me, just carries on looking at me so I ask again. I can feel my confidence coming back. I can tell I'm having an affect on her. Thanks God it's not just me. Then she talks, it's like velvet. It's like playing that perfect game where every move you make is on target and you can't do anything wrong. I want to hear it again and I feel myself leaning in a little closer to her. I can see the way her hair falls over her shoulder exposing her neck and I can imagine my mark there. So every werewolf around will know that she's mine. She suddenly lifts her head up and we are eye to eye. She has the brightest blue eyes. It's like swimming in the clearest ocean. I can smell her even better being this close to her and I notice something I can't believe I didn't notice before. But she did have a guy draped all over her. Don't think about him. Back to her. I take the pen from her making sure that my fingers gently touch hers.

"Thanks" I say and lean back in my chair. I can't believe I missed it.

She's human.

I don't have a clue what Mr Phelps is droning on about. All I can think about for the next 40 minutes is her. I want her. And not just in that way but yeah I won't lie, I have had those images too. But I also can't stop thinking about everything else that comes with it. I wonder if I could just get away with telling my folks shes just a girlfriend. If she was a wolf too there would be no chance. Wolves don't get involved with other wolves, unless it's with their mate. But she's human. She could just be my girlfriend. She wouldn't have to be my mate. Well as long as I can keep my self from claiming her. If I did that then the whole pack would know.

The bell goes and brings me back to the present. She takes her time getting her bag and things together but then starts to rush. I need to hear her voice again.

"It's Alexia right?...." Alexia. I like how it sounds. We talk for a while and I ask her if she's coming to the game. I need to see her later. I'm not going to be able to wait till tomorrow.

Then O'Connor barges into the room and puts his arm around her again. It instantly gets my back up and I clench my fists. I really cannot punch him. I don't want to scare her. But why is she not telling him to move his arm. And why does she need him to walk her out. I can do that. It's my job.

But she's human, she doesn't know what I am to her but I can tell she feels something. It's takes me a couple of seconds to realise he's saying something to me. I snap back an answer at him. Not really caring how my tone sounds with him. Why has she not moved his arm. Are they together? How long has she been here and I've not noticed. Surely I would have noticed. She doesn't seem like the type of girl who..... Type of girl like Tara. With a last look at her I say good bye and going against what my body wants I leave my mate alone with another male.