Chapter Nine Abduction Destiny's Pov

When Destiny was sure Selina had retreated to the basement, she texted Taylor, Can you drive?
"Yes, can't you?" he replied. Destiny scratched her head. She could bike into the forest, but she might miss whatever her father did to travel to Andreal.
No, I haven't applied for my license yet, I've had practice in a car with my father in a paddock, but had trouble coordinating my hands and feet, so my reflexes were slow, but having Cerebral palsy means they might not allow me to drive, Destiny replied,

She saw the beam of headlights, stopping across the street, she heard the bushes rustle and the creaking and groaning of the drainpipe, Destiny froze, listening downstairs from her doorway, silence followed, Taylor slid her window open, sitting on the nook, where Destiny enjoyed reading.
"Are you insane? What if Shelina heard you?" she franticly whispered.
"Selina isn't here. The disgusting perfume she lathered herself in is gone." Taylor said, "Trust me, even you can smell the herbal spices, she clams is a perfume." Taylor crossed his legs,
"What's your plan?" he asked raising a puzzled eyebrow.
Destiny handed over the forged invitation, "Dose this resembled your father's handwriting?" she asked.

Taylor flicked on the desk lamp, checking the letters written, "Considering this letter is written with cursive and with an added loop, I would say definitely not. Your father is walking into something sinister."
"Then we follow him into the forest, and investigate the real reason people are disappearing." Destiny said,
Taylor smirked, "Rather simple plan eh?"
She grabbed her phone slipping it into her pocket, Taylor waited by the front door, while Destiny locked up the house, she knocked on the basement hearing silence.
Selina, I'm just going out with Taylor to study," she called, her voice echoed down the staircase, she saw the flicking of candle flames.
"I swear she isn't in the studio and I'm picking up the strong scent of belladonna, please shut the door before I gag," Taylor pleaded his eyes visibly watered, she shut the door,
"No way am I going down there, she has something inhumane living down there and darkness gives me the creeps," she said. Staring back at the crimson eyes peering out at her from the darkness. Destiny slammed the door shut, before the creature got any bright ideas,
Taylor led Destiny, out to his car, she wore a thick jacket with a hood, shielding her head from the constant drizzle. They got in flicking the heaters on, Taylor seemed unaffected by the chilly weather.

"You make the physical stuff so easy." Destiny complemented. Taylor grinned. "You could get better by strengthening your legs, "Taylor suggested.

"I could. The school's offering for me to use the heated pool after hours, but excise won't cure anything." Destiny said.
"Try, being partly blind, if I'm not careful, I walk into nearly everything." Taylor laughed, Destiny smiled, "The eye patch is cool." Taylor's lips curl into a smirk, their eyes glinting mischievously. "I lied on my school application. Destiny, I feel obliged to inform you I am, in fact, nineteen years old. I know my way around Violet Springs, but if you're nervous, I can see well enough to drive."

Destiny's heart races, a mix of excitement and fear coursing through her veins. "I'll take that response as a maybe. This is highly dangerous and doesn't fill me with confidence," she admits reluctantly. But she trusts Taylor enough to give them directions, the weight of uncertainty heavy in her chest. And soon, they find themselves in the depths of the forest just outside the town.
"Holly fuck, we didn't die,"
"Told you so." They stepped out the car, fallen leaves and mud stuck to their boots and the constant light splatter of rain didn't help, the bushes rustled when they moved, Taylor moved past the wet leaves and branches. His eye gleamed in the darkness. He grabbed Destiny's arm before she tripped over a hidden tree root. "Be careful, Destiny. The ground is unsteady here," Taylor warned.
They hid in the bushes watching her father, beyond the clearing.
Why is he standing there, who are the hidden figures surrounding him? Destiny questioned.

Tension made Taylor's body stiff, as Destiny wrap her hand around his for support.
"They aren't an escort from my father." Taylor whispered, if she hadn't been couched beside him, she wouldn't have caught it.
The thick mists rolled in from the trees, reducing their visibility, right on the stroke of midnight, Aleric Morgan stood in the middle of the misty clearing. The thick mists made it impossible to make out any of the silhouettes surrounding Destiny's father. They were engaged in an angry conversation, Aleric's voice getting more irritated and distressed, asking questions, confused, their voices speaking above a whisper, without warning one shadow knocked her father to the ground, hissing in a voice that echoed in the silent clearing.
"The treaty has been broken, an inhabitant of your world has crossed into Andreal, holding forbidden knowledge of the portal web. We are hereby ordered to Escort the accused Aleric to Andreal,"
Taylor growled, "If that were true, then it was the other way round and the king would have sent the royal guard, not mist fairies." He went to stand, Destiny's arm bit into his jacket. "I get it. I want to fight this too, but we cannot risk being seen." Destiny whispered,
Taylor clamped a brawny hand on her shoulder, shaking his head. Anger lingered in his eyes. He clenched his jaw but remained quiet. "No, too dangerous. Something is wrong here," Taylor observed with a hard gaze.

She heard Aleric cough, he spat out blood, his face swelled, "What is going on here? Mist fairies aren't normally violent." He wheezed.

"The king's request beckoned us, urging us to escort you to Celestial City," the middle shadow whispered, his voice laced with a hint of mystery. As they stood before an appearing vortex, it pulsed with a mesmerising display of azure water and shimmering stardust, casting an ethereal glow. The air crackled with a faint scent of electricity, sending tingles down their spines as they watched a figure emerge. Wrapped in a delicate cloak, the hue of lavender, they exuded an aura of elegance and intrigue.
The slender figure walked with graceful strides. Unaware of Taylor's and Destiny's presence, Destiny observed the familiarity of their movements, the ruffle of the clock against the damp grass.

Taylor stared, intrigued, but weary of the newcomer. They crouched down, removing the cloak, concealing their face. A gasp escaped Destiny's lips. She wished her eyes were deceiving her. Their hearts pounded together, echoing within their ears.

Selina stood there, her delicate hands cradling Aleric's confused and terrified face, asking loudly where Aleric had hidden the field guide.

"What field guide?" Destiny wondered.

"It's somewhere safe in a place you will never find the guide Selina," Aleric said. He glared at her defiantly.

"So, you will not help me with my mission?" she kissed his cheek. "I enjoyed our time together, but the time for playing house is now over." I need to returned to Andreal. Please bring him. We are going to Shadow Glass Fortress."

Aleric struggled, trying to break free of the three mist fairies, who yanked him to his feet. Dragging him towards the portal, before Destiny could stop herself, she rushed out of the bushes. The rustling of leaves gathered the group's attention. She nearly fell over her own feet. "Let him go Selina. She clenched her hands by her sides. Selina's graze turned cold, the air became thin around her, making it difficult to breathe. The mist fairies ignored the distraction between them, shoving Aleric through the open portal. Destiny, are you crazy? She's a witch," Taylor said, keeping close to her,

"Sorry my dear, there are things you should stay out of." Good to see you again Prince." Taylor's eyes turned dark; Destiny's head throbbed. She fell to her. Knees, her head felt like it was going to explode.

Taylor clutched her shoulders gently; a growl escaped his chest." What have you done to her?" Taylor questioned.

"The spell on her memories has worn off. Her confusion will last for a while. Destiny will be alive in the morning." Selina stared down at the girl clutching her head, throwing the keys to the house beside her in the grass.

She turned her cloak damp from the wet grass, "Good luck Destiny you'll need if you come to Andreal." Selena said, stepping through the portal, which closed behind her.

Everything went quiet. Before the crickets began chirping again, Taylor helped Destiny to the car. He texted someone on his phone. Destiny couldn't focus. She slipped into a deep sleep.