Chapter Fifteen Celestial City

The city engulfed Destiny with its vibrant noises and bustling activity, surpassing what she was familiar with from the Adelaide hills and violet springs. It truly felt like stepping into another world as she peered through the barred window of the wagon. People or shoppers filled the crowded vendors, while merchants shouted and the scent of the food they sold wafted into the wagon. The wagon drifted down the cobblestone path, which veered in different directions.
The wagon changed direction, heading north, the cobblestones making the ride extremely bumpy. Noble ladies walked past in groups of four wearing long flowing dresses, or wore silk shirts with black pants, some men wore jeans or and shirts, the noble men wore velvet suits with sliver or golden buttons.

People glance at the wagon, some whispered to one another, until the enforcers mounted on large black and brown and cream wolves, the enforcers ordered them to move along.
"What are those wolves?" Destiny asked,
The wolves growled, fangs glistened over their muzzle, their crimson eyes burned, the wolves yawned, their massive claws intimated Destiny, "They're known as dusk hounds, an ancestor of the common wolf in your world," Ash said.
"The city is lively, but different from my world."
"This is a quiet day. It's usually packed. "Ash replied, his voice filled with awe. The bustling streets were alive with the vibrant colours of herbalists and enchanted bookshops. The air was thick with the scent of mysterious potions and the sound of pages being turned. Alchemists and blacksmiths proudly displayed their array of weapons, the glint of metal catching the sunlight.

As the wagon changed direction, now heading north, they passed through an enchanting area. Intricate vines adorned the sandstone buildings, and their delicate flowers released golden orbs that danced in the air. The trees in this magical place were abundant with a variety of fruits, from juicy peaches to succulent cherries and the exotic blood palms. A peculiar fruit, with its dark blue skin and hard shell, emitted a strange fragrance that hung in the air. The group watched as a worker deftly opened the fruit, revealing dark blue seeds, much like pomegranates.

Destiny spoke, her voice filled with excitement. "They're like pomegranates," she exclaimed. Taylor chimed in, his stomach rumbling audibly. "And they're delicious too," he added.

Their journey led them to a lavish courtyard, where black and gold armored guards stood stoically against the walls. The scent of wildflowers mixed with the earthiness of the plants they cultivated. The sight of the guards amidst this natural beauty created a stunning contrast, captivating the onlookers.

Craftsmen used sapphire gems to create the eyes of a captivating griffin on top of the emerald silver fountain that released water from the eagle's mouth. The horse came to a halt, the enforces unlocked the doors, Destiny shiver from the chilly winds shielding her eyes from the harsh morning sun.
They stepped down onto the cobblestones. And the commander addressed the group impatiently, "I will leave you now, your highness, you can find your way to the throne room."
"Ashton, meet me in the dungeons, after you reported in with the king," the vampire instructed.

The Sergeant released them from the shadow bounds, their hands unlocking with a faint whisper. As they stepped into the castle, the quiet hum of servants going about their daily tasks filled the air. The scent of cleaning supplies mingled with the faint aroma of aged parchment as scholars passed by, carrying books and scrolls. People of various species and ages gathered in the lobby, their anticipation palpable.

Taylor hurried through the maze of hallways, his sand-covered boots leaving faint imprints on the pristine maple floor. With an uncertain expression on his face, he ascended the staircase. Turning abruptly, he opened a sturdy wooden door and led them down a second corridor.

"This place is a maze," Destiny thought, her attention momentarily captured by the portraits of previous kings and queens of Andreal. Taylor guided them into an ornate room, and Destiny gasped in awe. The king sat upon an obsidian marble throne, adorned with a carving of a panther curled around its base. The ruby eyes of the panther seemed to stare directly at them.