A Different Kind of Cold

Start from the beginning

Okay, Elsa, She took a deep breath, Keep calm and stay composed.

Turning the randomly multi-colored spray-painted knob, Elsa opened the door:

"I apologize for-"

"Corporal Westergaurd, you're late."

"Yes, my lady, I-"

"Such Incompetence!"

"No, I really-"

"J'espère que vous marchez sur un lego!"

"C-come again?"

Okay, maybe she wasn't that composed.

.

.

.

Why...why do I feel like the time when my brand new laptop froze...literally, by Elsa?

Rapunzel pursed her glossed lips. What was going on? Why was there this weird feeling in her heart? Was it because Anna wasn't here to enjoy the ball with her? No, it was something much bigger.

"Is something wrong?"

"Er...no, not really."

"You sure?"

"Y-yeah, it's just...my shoes..."

"Oh, I know exactly how you feel." Jack grinned, then pouted at the formal foot attire he was forced to wear. Rapunzel giggled in reply. Jack Frost looked even more handsome in formal attire. Though the heavy clothing didn't seem to fit his skinny frame, he somehow managed to pull it off. The suit he wore was white with tinges of blue here and there with trails of delicate frost patterns covering his sleeves and shoulders.

And his hair.

Slicked back, with little stubborn pieces of white falling over his eyes. But Rapunzel could clearly see his pupils. So intense. So blue. Anyone would just want to stand there and stare at the snowflake in his iris, dancing and twinkling with the beauty and mischief.

"You ready to go in?"

Rapunzel nodded, feeling nervous. Time to go in. Time to enter the ball. Time to be with the one she'd hoped to be with...

Jack opened the door and they took a step in. The room was huge, something out of a fairytale. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, millions of crystals and diamonds reflecting light off each other and bouncing around the room in majestic ways. Rapunzel felt her breath hitch in her throat. It was beautiful. She took a step in and a dozen faces turned. Others continued chatting or dancing. A dozen colors and shapes, moving like a rainbow-colored rollercoaster, swirling in front of her emerald eyes in chaos. So many animals, so many objects, so many people, so many creatures...

He's not dancing.

Rapunzel's stomach did a somersault. Out of all people, the first she ever notices in a crowd...

Eugene.

Rapunzel felt a rush of emotions, all as confusing as the crowd enfolding in front of her. But, just like Eugene, one thing stood out to her, the only thought that seemed clear in her buzzing mind. She had been chasing after the wrong person all along. However, the right person was standing with someone else right now.

She'd have to change that.

Jack, as sweet as he can be if he wanted, winked at her, "C'mon, let's go hoard the buffet before the bears do."

Rapunzel had to think fast. Jack wasn't actually the brightest when it came to getting hint (she'd watched him flirt with Elsa), so she'd have to spell it out to him...but, being the ray of sunshine she is, she didn't want to do that directly.