Patience

Chapter Twelve

.

"Er...come again?" Jack inquired, gaping like something out of 'The Scream' picture.

Elsa flushed, realizing how forceful she'd sounded. She twiddled her slender fingers and stared at the ground. "Apologies. That came out wrong."

"Uh..." was all he could mutter, ruffling his hair nervously. After a moment of silence, they both started to ramble to each other in a hurry.

"I got so nervous that I..."

"No, no, it's okay..."

"I made you uncomfortable..."

"No, seriously, it's okay..."

"I get if you don't want to be my-"

"Hey, of course I want to be your-"

"-boyfriend."

"-girlfriend."

And then they stood there, smiling at each other.

.

.

.

Anna felt her hands curl into fists. She always got worked up when it came to her match-making business. She didn't really go into the job much but she believed in love and wanted her sister happy. Elsa had been isolated for too long. It was about time Anna tried harder to help.

"Why me? Why not Frost?" Flynn inquired, his eyes full of suspicion.

"Currently, my sister is dating Jack-"

"What?" Flynn's eyes widened. He got up abruptly to leave the library but Rapunzel tightened her hair and pulled him back down.

"News spreads like a wildfire. Especially on SoundSoul." Anna explained, tapping her pallid-pink fingernail on her phone screen. Rapunzel and Flynn leaned in to see a big headline:

"THE COLD DOESN'T BOTHER HER...BUT NEITHER DOES FROST.

Has Season Winter finally found the one who's just right?

Updated; 28 secs ago

Views; 2.26K

Votes; 1.7K

Comments; 1.9K

-- posted by; BlondieLocks111"

Below it was a flower-bordered picture of the couple. They stood a bit apart, facing each other, Elsa dressed like a princess while Jack with his hands shoved in his pockets. Despite the gloomy weather, they were smiling. It wasn't a very Romeo-and-Juliet romantic picture but anyone could tell how they felt by simply looking at their eyes.

"No way..." Rapunzel breathed. She felt her eye twitch in annoyance.

"Okay, Blondie and Nutcase." Flynn had scooted away from the phone the moment he saw the headline, "I'll let you help me but, first, why-"

"I trust you with Elsa more than I trust Frost." Anna frowned, tracing her finger across her lips in thought, "You heard the rumors lately? Something serious is going on. And someone - anyone - could be behind it."

"Anna and I snuck into a small staff meeting," Rapunzel chipped in, "We didn't manage to hear much but enough to know that we can't trust anyone. The other Guardians are worried. The only reason they're not involving Jack is because they think he's already affected."

"Affected?" Flynn pursed his lips, brimming with curiosity.

"Supposedly, some dark force has infiltrated Spirit School." Anna continued in a low tone, "That would be understandable, considering that this place holds the highest population of us."