A Different Kind of Cold

Chapter Eighteen

.

Her magic was unstable.

Well, that figured. After all, her emotions and practically her entire mental state right now was not very stable either. Albeit, she's managed to conceal it as to not to worry the others for now. She had a bad feeling. Maybe she should ask Rapunzel or Mama Odie to check up on her...

Elsa shook her head at herself, diamond drop earrings swinging and annoyingly catching in her hair.

Perhaps I should just frost myself a dress... Elsa thought, it would be easier that way and I would be snagging a chance to have an early start on double checking Squad Kine's formation...

Elsa fiddled with her necklace, her other hand gently stroking the fabric of her dress. Luckily, this is quite strange to Merida, Elsa can run fast enough in heels. And if she can't, she'll have to improvise with an ice slope and ice-board along with Frozone or something.

Oh, Elsa chewed her lip, frowning, but then I'll be hurting Rapunzel's feelings!

An ivory satin and gold filigree strapless gown, the smooth material waving all the way down to barely cover her silver rhinestone stilettos. Elsa really had to admit, for such a last-minute outfit, the season Summer really had taste...or she and Anna had been plotting this from the beginning.

Anna.

Shaking her head even more violently than last time, Elsa braided her hair normally (It looked cool, anyway) and stared at her own blue eyes in her reflection, I suppose I'll have to exit the Ball a tad bit earlier.

She didn't need a purse or anything since all of her mission supplies were at the site, so she made her way into the lofts living room, waiting for the doorbell to ring and indicate her leave.

Hiccup said he was going to pick up Merida from the training area, Elsa thought, absorbing the eerie silence, Rapunzel must have already left with Jack while I was changing.

There was a small tug in her heart when she thought of that. It was her fault, really. She could have had Jack accompany her to the ball yet she had Rapunzel take her place instead. She felt as if she kept pushing Jack away. Always luring him in and then trying to shove him out of her thoughts.

If this were any other guy who liked her, he would have given up on her already.

Maybe he has some kind of motive... Elsa thought, but then scowled at the wall, why am I thinking like that? Feelings aren't like a battleground...sort of. Why do I think he wants to win something?

That's right. Jack Frost wouldn't just try get her attention by adorably smiling and trying to cheer her up all the time just to win something. Sure, Hiccup did that, too. Albeit, Hiccup was more like her best friend, people always misunderstood both of them. But Jack...

Right, Elsa puffed her cheeks out in determination and clenched her fists (then stopped incase Tinkerbell was flying past her window), I'll apologize to him tonight for doubting him!

Ding-dooong!

(Actually, the doorbell sounded more like a choked elephant since, earlier, Jack had used his staff instead of his finger).

Snapping out of her thoughts and quickly checking if her face wasn't red from all that thinking, Elsa lightly stepped around her loft and made her way to the door. She couldn't go to the ball alone since Rapunzel did mention it would ruin her season "Winter" status (Elsa didn't know how but she just went with it), so she had to go with someone in her same team.