chapter 21: he did?

Garroth's POV.

I was working on the next week's century points for me and the other guards, one of the many ropes I have. Speaking of new roles... What should I do about being the technical lord of Phoenix drop? I mean I know Aph is the lord but I'm her husband so what does that make me?
Speak of the angel. Aphmau just came here to talk to me. She looked concerned. What's wrong?
I decided to speak up.
"Aphmau? Is their something wrong? Is it zane!?"

Aphmau," yes, no it isn't. Well.. Yes and no. You see, I was talking to Travis about what we should do. Then he came out and said that Zane wants to change. I didn't believe him but he wouldn't stop trying to convince me."

"M-my baby brother wants to be good?... After everything he's done. He finally wants to change now?"

Aphmau," Garroth... I know this has got to be hard and I have no clue on how you feel...but it'll be okay..  *whispers* I hope..."

"I... Aphmau I'm fine. But I can't believe that zane of all people wants to change. So did you let him?"

Aphmau,"hm? Let who?"

Garroth," Travis. Did you let him go through with reforming zane?"

Aphmau," yes, but I did tell him I would be talking to you about it. But its worth a chance. If he does become good there's a lot of peace and greatness to come from it."

I smile. She's so kind and thoughtful of others. She didn't think about herself. She thought about her people and other people outside of the village.
Thank you Irene for the greatest women in all of the world, this to can call my wife. I got lost staring into her eyes. I didn't realize she was trying to get my attention.

"GARROTH! "

I snapped up to see Dante running to me and Aphmau. He looked in a panicked state.

aphmau," Dante what's wrong?"

Dante," Garroth *gasp* L-lord aphmau *gasp* *huff* z-zane *puff* he.. Place..see...capture!"

Garroth," dante.. Breathe. Then tell us."

Dante,"*take a deep breathe* I saw zane by the woods on patrol! I know his location and was thinking this our chance to capture him."

" Aphmau?"

Aphamu," Garroth.. Do what you think is right."

What I think is right?

I know exactly what to do. I had dante take and Aphmau to Zane's location. He was paceing back and forth while travsi sat on a long near by. Zane seemed really frustrated.

Zane," what if I... No.. That won't work.. Maybe I could... I would die.... Travsi do you have any idea's?"

Travis," how am I supposed to know? I don't know much about this village yet either. I've only been here for aost a week. If you want to try to become a good person then make cookies it something!"

Zane,"  that's a stupid idea! *mummers* I rather make cupcakes..."

No way.. Zane is trying to change... Dante looked ready to attack.. I told him to stand down. I'm going to do the right thing.
I walked over to zane, away from my hiding spot.
Travis looked concerned, not knowing that I knew about zane. On the other hand zane... Well he turned around confused and the jumped back. He was scared. I kept a serious look on my face.

Zane,"G-g-garroth? Um.. I-i can explain why I'm alive! Uh..  Well... I can't really.. But.. Uhhh... "

"Baby brother... Is it true?"

Zane,"i-is what true"

"Your trying to change. Aphmau told me. Your trying to become a good person. Is it true?"

Zane," y-yes... I'm sorry... I. Sorry Garroth. For everything it did! I understand that you might never forgive me but I'm still going to try! "

Zane.. He... He's... Crying... I saw tears in his eye...
I walked over to him. I didn't say anything. I just gave him a hug. No words needed to understand I forgive him. He always hated hugs, but this time he hugged back. Sobbing into my shoulder.
Aphmau and dante came out too. Dante stayed back all confused. But Aphmau she walked over.
Zane stopped hugging me and tried to stand tall and not fall apart.

Aphmau," Zane... You really have changed. But I can't let all you've done go unsaid. "

Zane," I understand and deserve any penalty you have in mind."

Aphmau," ....for all you have done to Phoenix Drop and other village. I send you to jailed for a week and then you'll be watched overed for a year. If you show anything bad or negative, you will be returned to prison"

Zane," R-Really? "

Aphmau," well... I mean I don't want to be too hard on my new brother in-law. "

" heh... Come on zane. Let's get you back to the guard station. The quicker the week goes the faster you can prove yourself to phoenix drop. You already got me and Aphmau's approval."

Zane surprisingly pulled me and Aphmau into a group hug. It was weird, but also comforting that I got one of my brothers back.

============

End of da chapter! I did it I reformed zane!

Sadly I have to say next chapter is the last chapter.
;-;