28

After the not-a-surprise surprise engagement, Sebastian and I called a house meeting and told everyone - well except Vanessa since she doesn't live here and Killian who's barely ever even home - who were totally excited for us. Victoria wouldn't stop going on and on about wedding planning, apparently she used to be a wedding planner.

I told Sebastian I would call Vanessa tomorrow and tell her but I couldn't go to sleep without telling my best friend that I'm engaged, it's completely ridiculous. So I asked him to take me to her apartment and here we are. I haven't been here since Thanksgiving so it's kind of weird walking through the same hallways that I walked through just a couple of months ago. They finally installed a new elevator and it's absolutely blissful because I know my pregnant ass wouldn't have been able to wobble up those steep stairs.

Taking out the key I still have, I unlock the door and walk right in. It's late but not too late for Vanessa; only midnight. I pause outside her door when I hear moaning.

Whoa. She didn't tell me she was seeing someone.

Curious as to who it is, I press my ear against the door to hear more.

"Bend over." I hear a deep and familiar voice say.

An unintended gasp escapes me and I quickly jolt away from the door as if it were covered in red hot flames.

No... It can't be. T-t-those two hate each other! I mean they literally cannot be in the same room without picking on each other it's almost as if...as if they're always trying to get each other's attention!

I should've known, all those times she coincidentally left the house the same time he did.

Vanessa's seeing Killian!

Killian is seeing Vanessa!

They're seeing each other!

EW!

Wait- did he just tell her to bend over?

I'm going to puke.

I try to make my way to the bathroom but since I didn't open the lights, I back up into the pointy edge of the kitchen counter.

"OUCH! MOTHERFU-"

"Lia?" I hear Vanessa call out as she flicks open the light, a panicked look on her sweaty face.

Not able to hold the puke in anymore, I lean over and puke on the floor.

"Lia!" Vanessa says just as Killian casually walks out into the kitchen to see what the commotion is all about.

This just causes more puke to come out of me.

"I'm calling Sebastian." Killian says seriously as he walks out of the apartment. Vanessa quickly rushes to my side and pulls my hair back as I puke my guts out on the ground.

"God, what did you eat?" She asks once I've stopped. Just as she hands me a bottle of water Sebastian bursts through the door, Killian right behind him.

"What happened?" He asks as he scans my face.

"Nothing, erm, could you guys give us a minute... or ten?" I ask sweetly, avoiding Killian's stare.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Sebastian asks as he touches my cheek.

"I'm fine, seriously. You guys can go now." I say as I shoo them away.

With one glance at me, he plants a quick kiss on my forehead before leaving along with Killian. Once I think they're out of earshot I turn to Vanessa with a brow raise.

"Killian? Seriously? When did this happen? Why didn't you tell me? Are you guys together together?"

"Yes, seriously, Killian. I don't know how or why it happened but it did and I didn't tell you because I don't know what exactly to tell you. It started in December and we're not together. We agreed to just have sex but of course women can never just have sex so now I'm screwed because I think I may actually be falling for that idiot." She says quickly after getting up from the floor and beginning to clean up my mess.