22

Sebastian is out the door in a the matter of seconds, motioning for me to stay put as he goes to check out where the scream came from. I tip toe over to the terrace and lean over to see what all the commotion is about. My eyes go wide when I see a group wolves attacking a lone wolf near the gate and Vanessa is standing at the doorway, screaming.

I watch as Sebastian rushes out, Killian, Joseph and Callia behind him.

"RELEASE!" Sebastian growls as he reaches the pack of wolves. I don't have to see his face to know that his eyes are yellow.

"What are you doing?"

I jump when I hear Victoria's voice behind me. "Jesus christ Victoria, you don't scare people like that! Fuck!" I exclaim as I clutch my chest.

"I apologize, but you haven't answered my question."

"I'm watching this whole thing going on. That's what I'm doing."

"You should get inside, this can be a very dan-" Sebastian's yell interrupts her.

"NO!

We both turn to see the lone wolf shift into a naked woman once the wolves disperse back into the woods where they do their protecting. Sebastian kneels before the woman, picks up her limp body and runs back inside, his eyes concentrated on her. I turn to give Victoria a questioning look but she's already back inside the house. I quickly follow her into the living where she's already covering the woman's body with a blanket and helping Sebastian lay her onto the couch. I watch as his face crumbles as Victoria reveals a deep bite on her side that's gushing blood.

"Who the hell is that?" Vanessa whispers next to me. I shrug, not really focusing on her next words as I stare at Sebastian's face. Whoever this woman is she must be important to him because he looks ready to murder somebody.

"It's not fatal, but she punctured an artery, she'll need surgery in order to heal properly."

"I'll call Mary." Callia says immediately as she rushes into the hallway to make the call.

"I'll get the car ready, Joseph you can call the hospital and tell them we have an emergency coming in." Killian says in a commanding tone as he leaves the house. Victoria then says she's going to find some clothing for the woman and leaves. Which only leaves behind me, Sebastian, Vanessa and the strange woman.

"Sebastian?" I ask hesitantly as I approach him. "Who is this?"

"Her name is Emilie Dhark, one of the Lycans I told you about. She's my wife."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Your WHAT?!" Vanessa screeches.

"My wife." Sebastian replies as he gets down beside his so-called "wife".

I knew this was all too good to be true. These last two months have been too full of blissful and so it finally had to come to an end and this is how it's all going to fall apart. I can't believe I let myself believe that I could actually be a part of this family, that I could somehow fit into Sebastian's life. But I can't, he has a wife and pretty soon he's going to have a kid. There's no place for me, there never was.

So then why would he make me feel like there was?

"You jackass, I knew I should've killed you the moment I found out what you were. You inconsiderate, heartless-"

"Hey I made that phone call-"

"Piece of shit! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful life because we're leaving." Vanessa says as she grabs my hand and walks me out of the house and into her car. I don't bother arguing as she speeds out of the property. I don't want to be anywhere near that place right now.