8

So tonight's my "date" with Sebastian and I honestly don't know how to feel about it. He says it's just a chance for us to get to know each other better, but I feel like it's more than that. Vanessa says that maybe we'll rekindle whatever fire we had that night, which kind of freaks me out. Don't get me wrong that night was...Mind Blowing, but I don't think I want a repeat of it tonight, or ever, not when I have so many unanswered questions. Not when we're about to have a baby together and we barely know anything about each other. We still haven't even discussed what we're going to do after the baby comes. He lived in London and I live here, how the hell is that going to work out?

Ugh, when did my life become so complicated?

As I continue to think about all the holes in this weird thing Sebastian and I have going on, I hear Vanessa yell into the phone.

She's been arguing with someone all the week and I think it has something to do with the work emergency she had last week when I was in the hospital.

"Well then fix it! I don't care how, I don't care when, I don't care where just fix it! And you tell them I'm publishing that article if they don't do what I said." I hear her hiss into the phone.

I walk out of my room and stand against the doorframe, waiting for her to finish up so I can ask her what the hell is going on. I've been patient all week, hoping that she'll tell me when she's ready but this thing is really starting to weigh on her. Yesterday I told her I was going to start drinking coffee again and she said okay! I was joking of course, but she usually freaks out when I say stuff like that.

"Then get help! I can't deal with this anymore, you know what I said, they know what I want, now go fix it!" She yells one last time before hanging up and collapsing on the couch.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly as I make my way to sit across from her.

"Ugh, some idiot blabbed about the article I was writing and got himself kidnapped. Now I'm negotiating with the nutbags who took him."

"Let me guess, they want the article."

"Yup. But I can't just give it up Lia, that article will make my career! I've worked on it the entire time we were in college! I can't believe one dumbass is going to destroy everything I've worked so hard for." She says as tears drip down her face.

"I'm so sorry. What was the article about?"

"I can't tell you." She says sadly.

"What do you mean you can't tell me?"

"Lia, a guy got kidnapped because of it and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have leverage on them I'd be lying on my death bed right now. No way am I getting you or your unborn baby involved in this."

I nod at her reasoning, I would do the same thing if I were in her position. I'm about to go take a shower when something occurs to me.

"Wait, is that why we were attacked last week?" I ask with alarm.

Vanessa grimaces slightly and gives me an apologetic look. "Yeah, sorry about that. Don't worry though I found out who he was and it turned out that there's an arrest warrant out for him so all I had to do was dial 911. He's gone."

I nod. "Okay, well I guess that's good. I hope you are able to get that guy back and keep your article." I say.

"Me too."

I head over to the bathroom so I can start getting ready.

At exactly seven o'clock, I hear the door knock and know that it's Sebastian. I take one more look at myself in the mirror before walking out.