10

"Ms.Taylor?"

I look up at the nurse that called my name.

"The doctor's ready for you."

Vanessa, Sebastian and I stand up and walk into the examination room.

"You're not Dr.Lockhart." I say when I see that the woman standing in the room isn't my doctor.

"That's right, I'm Dr.Redding, I'll be your OB/GYN from now until you go into labor." She says with a kind smile.

The new Doctor doesn't even look like a doctor, she's five foot nine with fiery red hair and alluring green eyes that make me feel self conscious.

"What happened to Dr.Lockhart?"

"She had a family emergency and quit." She explains hastily before motioning me to the bed.

I lay down on the stiff bed and lift my blouse to reveal my growing bump.

"Okay, by now you must be a pro at these things." She says as she squirts the cold gel on my naked belly. I shake my head a shiver goes through me.

"Yeah I don't think I'll ever get used to the coldness of that thing." I say with a chuckle.

"That's alright." She says as she begins to examine the baby.

I watch on the screen as the baby pops up and smile when I see it move.

"Why does it have such a big head?" Vanessa asks suddenly.

I whip my head at her and glare.

"Hey that's my baby!"

"Sorry, I was just curious." She mumbles sheepishly.

"Why does it have a big head?" I ask Dr.Redding nervously. "Does it mean that something is wrong? Oh my God, is it a defect, will it affect it? Oh my God, something's wrong with our baby Sebastian!" I cry out in fear.

Sebastian looks at me with alarm before sending a worrying look to the doctor.

"No, no everything is fine with your baby Lia. It is completely normal for your baby to have a big head, all babies do. Now of course some are bigger than others and that would call for concern, but yours is in the realm of normality so it's okay."

I relax at her words and close my eyes.

Thank God.

"See Vanessa, it's fine."

"Hey, you wouldn't have known that had I not asked." She says back with a smile.

"Has anything changed in the last three weeks?" Sebastian asks.

"Yes, the fetus's toes and fingers have begun to separate and almost all the organ have begun to form. It's also about two inches now." She says as she glides her took across my stomach.

Vanessa gasps. "That's so small!"

"Yes, it is." Dr.Redding says with a chuckle.

"When do we get to find out the sex?" I ask.

"The next appointment when you'll be sixteen weeks pregnant." Dr.Redding answers as she closes the monitor and wipes off the gel on my stomach.

"Okay."

"Here are the vitamins you'll need to be taking for the remainder of your pregnancy. Take one everyday. I'll refill it at the next appointment."

I take the paper bag with my vitamins and say a small thank you as I walk out with Vanessa and Sebastian.