13

"Y-you're a wolf!" I yell before passing out.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake up in my room. Not my room, but the room I've been sleeping in here in Sebastian's house.

I immediately sit up when I see Sebastian slumped over on the chair next to me. As quietly as I possibly can, I slip out of the bed and grab my stuff before exiting the room as silently as possible. When I pass by Callia's room I hear her and Joseph's voices screaming at each other and sigh. So long as they're occupied I can sneak out. Then I stop.

Are they werewolves too?

No that's crazy, werewolves aren't real! They just aren't!

But Sebastian... No I must've imagined it.

But that doesn't matter, I need to get out of here. I find my car keys on top of the kitchen counter and swipe it. I grab an apple from the fridge before discreetly slipping out onto the balcony. It's not a far jump from here so I throw my feet over the railing and jump. Once I gain my balance I brush off the dirt and grass on my clothes and quickly run to my car.

When I get to the gate I have a silent panic attack as I try to figure out how the hell I'm going to get out of here. The touch screen pad, I could try that.

But what if it doesn't work, will it set off an alarm? Oh well, it's worth a try.

Sending a quick prayer to God, I reach my hand through the open window and press it against the scanner. I nearly cry when it turns green and opens the gate for me. Yes!

I drive about a mile down before turning on my gps and programming it to take me home.

When I get to the apartment Vanessa is awake and sitting in the living room, watching some foreign movie on Netflix. I roll my eyes when I see a girl with blue hair show up on the screen. She always watches this movie.

"Hey." I say quietly so as not to startle her.

"Lia? Oh thank God you're okay! What happened? Did Sebastian come back? Did he tell you what's going on? Why are you so pale?"

I shake my head at her questions as tears fill my eyes.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" She asks in alarm.

"S-Sebastian! H-he's a-a-a-a w-w-w-"

"Werewolf?" She finishes for me. I gasp and quickly leave her embrace.

"You know?"

"I've known this whole time." She says sheepishly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I cry.

"It wasn't my secret to tell."

"A-are you one of them?" I ask hesitantly. I hold my breath until she answers me.

I don't know what I'll do if she's one of them. I've known Vanessa my whole life, there's no way she could be one without me knowing. But Sebastian didn't even seem like one till now!

"Would it matter if I was?" She asks carefully.

"No, no no no no Vanessa! Oh my God, you can't be one of them! No! Oh God why is this happening?"

Vanessa smiles as she touches my shoulders. "Calm down I'm not one those animals. I'm one hundred percent human."

"Oh thank God!" I bawl as I wrap my arms around her. We stay like that until I've managed to get her shoulder soaked in tears.

"Sorry."

"It's okay, now come on we have a lot to discuss." Vanessa says as she pulls me into the living room and helps me sit on the couch.