12

"What do you mean it's gone?"

"I mean it's gone! There's no cut, but I swear that thing was gushing blood a few moments ago! What the hell?" I exclaim, examining my miraculous healing. There is no way it could have just disappeared like that.

"Maybe you imagined it?" Vanessa offers meekly.

"I didn't! There's even blood on the freaking paper! No way, I'm gonna do it again." I state as I grab the knife and slice my palm.

"Lia don't do that!"

I ignore Vanessa as I stare intently at my new cut as blood pours out of it. My eyes widen when the cut suddenly heals itself.

"Oh my God!" I yell.

"Lia what's wrong?"

"I think something's happening to my body, t-the cut! It's gone! Just like that! What's happening to me?!"

"What is up with all the yelling- why is there blood on the counter?"

I turn to see Callia standing in front of the kitchen door with a weird look on her face.

"My hand! It healed itself!"

"I think that's what happens to everybody." She says sarcastically.

"No, I cut myself and it just went away! What does that mean?!" I ask nervously.

For a moment Callia looks uncomfortable as she tries to figure out what to say to me.

"Maybe yo-"

"Do not sayI imagined it because I didn't!" I yell, my face getting red with all the anger I felt.

Callia's eyes widen when she stares at me. It's as if she's seen a ghost.

"What's happening to me Callia?"

"I- I don't know, you should ask Sebastian." She says hesitantly.

"Sebastian's not here!" I whine as tears fall down my face.

"Okay you know what, Lia tell me the address I'm coming to get you." Vanessa says which diverts Callia's attention to my phone.

"Who the hell are you?" She says into the phone.

"I'm Vanessa, her best friend. Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Callia, Sebastian's best friend."

"Oh great he has a girl as his best friend. That's not concerning at all."

"Ew, Sebastian's like a brother to me. "

I can practically hear Vanessa roll her eyes.

"Lia, where are you?"

"Nowhere you need to know. You'll see her in two days, bye." Callia replies before hanging up.

"Hey!"

"There's a reason Sebastian didn't give her the address. Now, why don't you eat and go to sleep. I think you need your rest."

"B-But my hand, I have work tomorrow."

"All the more reason to go to bed. Come, I'll take you to your room and bring your food up for you." Callia says as she gently ushers me out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the second floor and down a brightly lit hallway to my room which is at the end.

I can't even properly adore my beautiful room because I'm still hung up on the fact that I'm healing faster than the Flash can go back in time. Exhausted, I fall on the king sized bed with a big thump and moan at how comfortable the mattress is.