24

I am the most disappointed woman on the face of this Earth.

One night.

I just wanted one night where everyone could be sat together at the dining table and be happy and thankful for one another. I wanted everyone to get along and make jokes and reminisce about the good ole times. I wanted embarrassing humorous stories and little arguments about who gets the last piece of pie. I just wanted for us to be a family.

Instead I got a blackened turkey, half of the guests absent, a sick wife I couldn't avoid, one grandparent and tears. Lots and lots of tears. And disappointment.

The day started off as amazing as it could have been. Vanessa and I woke up at three AM to start on the food which we would transport over to my house in the afternoon. Because I had already sent Joseph the recipe for the turkey to give to Sebastian two days before, I knew that the turkey would be already made and absolutely scrumptious. Vanessa made the morning fun with all the mini random food fights and the family movies on Lifetime.

Joseph had gone to pick up my grandparents at the airport at eight and brought them to Vanessa's apartment so that we could see each other first thing and so that grandma could make some of her dishes which were just divine, I mean I swear that woman can cook. Her and my grandfather and I talked for hours, mostly about my father and what great a man he was. They said that the reason my mother named me Amelia was because my father's little sister who died at the age of five was named Amelia. I, being the hormonal pregnant woman that I am, burst into tears. After they warmed up to Vanessa they all got to know each other and thanked her for taking care of me all these years and sticking by me.

That morning I found out that I had extremely cool grandparents. I mean these two have done everything you could have imagined, they've skydived, bungee jumped, swam with sharks, they even climbed Mount Everest and walked the Appalachian Trail and so many other things that I would never have the guts to do.

Later that day Vanessa and I carpooled to my house where we finished up the cooking and I took over the turkey. Victoria had convinced Sebastian to take Emilie out until dinner was ready. When I begrudgingly told my grandparents about Sebastian's "wife" my grandfather nearly ripped him a new one. My grandmother was the only one who could calm him down. Seeing how the interacted so lovingly with one another made me envious of their relationship.

Why couldn't Sebastian and I be like that?

While Vanessa, my grandmother and I cooked the food, Callia, Victoria and Joseph set the dining table. Killian and my grandfather sat in the living room, discussing the politics of werewolf packs. Sebastian had taken Emilie out somewhere on Victoria's request, I guess she didn't want any confrontations today, but they were gonna come back tonight for dinner so I don't really know how that would work out.

It was an all around relaxing day... until Sebastian arrived.

I was upstairs getting ready when I heard Sebastian's loud greeting to my grandparents. I was so terrified to see him again, but I knew it was either now or never. I made it halfway down the stairs when I saw Emilie, her frail body was clinging onto Sebastian like a lifejacket but despite her unbelievably pale skin she still looked breathtaking in a long burgundy dress that hugged her slim frame beautifully. Her dark hair was pulled up in an effortless updo that would take me days to perfect. Not wanting anyone to see me, I ran back upstairs and changed out of my slim fitting jeans and thick sweater into a body hugging tribal patterned dress with spaghetti straps that formed an X on the back. Since I was still a bit cold I added a light dark brown cardigan. There was already light makeup on my face but I applied a layer of nude matte lipstick and let my hair down. I frowned at myself when I looked in the mirror, why was I trying to look good?