Chapter Two

We were all seated at the dining hall, Marcia picking at her food, Garrett glaring between Sam and I, my parents talking to the other warriors, and Kyle and Emma were making lovey dovey eyes. I felt Alpha Sam poke my leg and I looked at him, raising my eyebrow. He grinned charmingly my way and went to continue eating his food before someone cleared their throat.

"Dad, may Maricia and I be excused?" Garrett asked, a taunting gleam in his eyes. Uh oh.

"No, son. Now sit down and wait." Kyle growled out, obviously picking up on what Garrett and Marcia planned to do.

I sighed and pushed my food around, ready to get this dinner over with so I could run to the woods and scream in pain alone. Burying my face in my hands as tears threatened to spill, I heard a familiar voice that sounded like Marcia's ringing around the room.

Sam growled, so dark, I ended up flinching back and dropping my head in respect. Marcia though, she was almost in tears. She wasn't used to being treated like that. "You will not disrespect Star in my house. I am kindly letting you all stay. I am kindly letting you eat my food, in my dining hall. That means you better show me, and those I care about, the same respect or you will come to regret it." He told her, eyes black with rage. Hesitantly I gently touched his arm and he looked over at me, daring me to do something.

"Alpha Sam is right, Marcia. As of right now, you are to show him respect and listen to him or I will punish you myself." Kyle almost growled out. I dropped Sam's hand and bowed in respect of my Alpha. Marcia shook her head weakly, eyes brimming with tears, then stayed in her seat, looking at her hands.

"Thank you," I told Kyle in through the mind link, popping a grape in my mouth.

"You're welcome sweet heart. My son is really pushing you, isn't he?" He replied, grabbing my hand to kiss it.

"I can't take the pain he keeps putting me through..." my voice cracked at the end, knowing soon I'd break down. That my walls were breaking down. I hated that and I wouldn't allow it to happen.

Kyle sighed loudly and then looked at Sam, pain engraved into his eyes. "Will you take Star to bed, please?" He asked and then used the mind link to explain why. It always amazed me how Alpha's could use the mind link with other Alpha's. A deep, inhuman growl erupted from within Sam and he nodded, standing. Emma looked at Kyle and frowned, wondering at what her husband had said.

Sam extended his hand and I grabbed it slowly, lacing my fingers through his for support. Kyle and Garrett were talking through the mind link so Sam spoke to Emma. Quietly I looked around the room, seeing my parents engrossed in talking, most of Sam's pack eating, Marcia sniffling, and Garrett was looking at me.

As much as I wanted to send him a "screw you" look, I simply blinked and then squeezed Sam's hand, internally smirking at how Garrett traveled his eyes down to our laced hands.

Though we weren't fully mates, I could feel the heart break he felt and I gasped in pain, clutching my chest though no one seemed to notice.

"I will be taking Star to bed. It seems she isn't feeling well," he told Emma, who nodded slowly and gave me a loving grin.

"Get better sweet heart." She replied, standing up to kiss my head. I weakly nodded, still holding my chest, and kissed her cheek before following Sam.

"Am I really going to bed?" I whispered, ashamed with myself for behaving like a spoiled child. Was I being spoiled? was the better question. No, I wasn't. I just couldn't take the hurt Garrett kept giving me.

"No." He replied, opening a door that led to the back of what seemed to be his house. I looked at the thick amount of trees and then looked at Sam who had now turned to a large, dark gray wolf with white on his face, making him look deadly, and his usual green eyes were now dark gray, making him seem deadly and dark.

He was unique and very beautiful, he was something I admired, and something I wished I was.

He pushed on my stomach to have me climb on and I did, getting lost in his warm fur. He started at a slow pace, then soon began going faster until I was basically gripping his fur. The trees whipped passed us almost like dark green blurs, though every now and then I could see an animal in it, or could see the engravings in the bark from other wolves.

Wondering where we were going, I laid further on Sam and turned on my back, doing my best to hang on this way. The stars sprinkled the sky like glitter on a dress. It was beautiful and something you didn't see every day.

The longer we ran, I was able to see how the grass began to thicken along with the trees, and part of me wondered where we were going, while the other part wasn't. We'd figure out eventually.

When we stopped, we were in woods. Sliding off, I looked around, amazed and turned back around to see a human figure of Sam but shirtless. The area we were in was a large field with a waterfall, a few large rocks near them. Purple, pink, and yellow flowers littered the ground though in the darkness they were dull colours.

Hanging from the trees were lanterns and in the water was floating candles. This place looked magical and beautiful all together.

"Why are we here?" I asked calmly, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. He looked at the trees, going in a circle, before landing his eyes back on me.

I waited for him to speak, listening to the birds chirping. With my amazing wolf hearing, I could hear a few humans miles away. They were talking about something I couldn't make out. An owl hooted and I looked up towards it, trying to ignore Sam's gaze on me.

"I want you to scream." He said as calmly as he could manage. Looking back at him, I raised my eyebrow, confused. "Scream, Star. You will feel a lot better in the end."

I shook my head no and crossed my arms, feeling pain shoot through my chest. I knew what was happening and but I kept my mouth shut.

"You can feel him hurting you. There is no harm in yelling, dear."

When the pain became almost too much, that's what I did.

I screamed.