Simplicity

Isis P.O.V

August 28th was an overcast day. With the temperature being a cool 71 degrees, I wanted to chill outside, and ride my bike for a bit. When I was going to the garage and walking my bike out, Eddy and my mom were looking at me outside of the kitchen window, arms around each other, smiling their warm smiles. I couldn't help but do the same.
It's the simple things in life that make me smile. As I was riding my bike, a breeze hit me, like waves. I gripped the handlebars and grinned. Riding down my street, I saw an older woman knitting on her front porch, in a wooden rocking chair. For a moment, I had almost forgotten it all. I felt like a child again. It was simple. I didn't have to worry about life, or what I was going to do when I graduated. I didn't have to worry about when I missed Jaylen the most, or if Eddy and my mom split. I was just coasting on my bike down the road, almost without a care in the world. 

When I had finished my bike ride and went inside, there was an oldschool song playing, and my mom and Eddy were doing the waltz, giggling as their eyes met. My mom's beautiful brown skin was glowing, her ravishing curls bouncing as they moved together. It was heart warming to see them, truly in love. They truly did overcome their rough times. It almost made me tear up, honestly. Walking to my room, I felt like I was floating. I went under the covers of my bed, and fell asleep to take a nap with a large grin on my face. 

"Isis!" My mom called, and woke me up from my nap. I sat up, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Yeah?" I replied. My mom walked into my room, and placed her hand on her hip.

"When we going back to school shopping?" 

"Soon," I said, eager to end the conversation.

"School starts September 1st, Isis. You ain't got much time, and you need to be prepared for school," My mom stated.

"I guess we can go tomorrow, mama," I yawned. My mom nodded and walked out of my room. 

So far, my day off has been pretty nice, but I still am eager to go back to work, eager to see Zandra and my other coworkers to keep myself busy. 

It was nice to spend my day in complete and utter simplicity. I really needed a day like this. I feel like things are finally changing, and for the better.

-Emma