Pressed Charges

Danny's Pov: 

       Zandra's still in the hospital. She lost a lot of blood. Like A LOT. It's 2nd hour ELA right now and im supposed to be writing a persuasive essay on who should win the election, but I just can't focus. I keep thinking about Zandra, how she reacted when Isis reminded her about Z. Can you really blame her? When Z was beating on her after he killed that cop, it was just insane. She got at least 3 more gun holes and a couple knife cuts, a couple being about 5. He was grasping her hair and slamming the back of her head into the ground. It just-

         *SMACK* I glanced to the side and saw that the teacher had smacked my desk with a ruler. 

"Why aren't you writing?" The teacher asked, ruler in hand. "I uh- have a really bad headache, I can't focus." I said, adding a groan of pain for affect."Oh well." She said walking off.                                                  I started to mumble under my breath, "Insensitive son of a-"  "What was that  Pásztor?" The teacher shouted from across the room. "Nothing." I shouted back.

    The hour was normal. Normal being booooorrrringgggg. At lunch, some jocks were at the table I usually sat at, so I didn't sit there. Isis's table was full along with the other tables. Except one. That table had a group of about 7 people on the left side, and on the right side there was Gwendolyn with her two friends by the trashcan. She was on one side of the table and her friends were on the other. There were four seats between Gwendolyn and the group of people , so I headed to the seat in the middle of the four, but closer to Gwendolyn.

    "Mind if I sit here?" I asked, she looked kinda surprised. "S-sure." She said meekly. I don't see why nobody likes her, I mean, she looks pretty nice. I didn't  want to intrude on her and her friends conversation, so I ate my lunch in silence. About halfway through lunchtime, I felt a small finger tap on my shoulder. I turned towards Gwendolyn. 

          "Hmm? I said with a mouthful of food. She pushed up her glasses and tucked a strand of her short red hair behind her ear. "I heard what happened with Z. I-I wanted you to know t-that this isn't the only bad thing he's done." She said quietly. I nearly choked on my food. I managed to swallow it then looked at Gwendolyn with wide eyes. "What did he do before this?" I asked, really intrigued.                    "H-he went out with my sister, a-and he wanted her to do um, stuff, with him. S-she said no and he uh, pulled a knife on her. The judge didn't believe us s-so he didn't get in trouble." She answered, and I could tell it's a tender subject. "He went to court a month after what happened at the party, and he has 10 years in jail. They said he had been in court for similar charges, so maybe that's what they meant ." I said.  "Maybe." 

            *RINNNNGGGGG*

"LUNCH IS OVER! GET TO CLASS!!!"

                                                                                                                     ~Sierra