Answer

Danny's POV:

"I really like you Danny... Do you want to go out with me?" Gwendolyn blurted. She was a blushing mess, but I gotta admit, it was adorable. I'd like to say yes, but I don't think it'd be a good idea. I've been pretty down since the whole Z incident, and I don't want her to think i'm upset because of her. But at the same time, I don't wanna say no 'cause I don't wanna hurt her. I made up my mind.

"Of course! But, um, I've been kinda down lately, so if I seem kinda distracted, It's not cuz of you." I rushed the ending. "What happened?" She questioned. I hesitated. Should I tell her? "I uh, have a family member in the hospital and I miss them." I said, trying to skip the details.

"Zandra? I thought she just switched schools. What happened?" She asked. I stayed quiet. I didn't wanna answer. "It's okay, I understand it's a tender subject." She said after a second of silence.

"Sooooo..... Wanna go to that ice cream place down the street?" I asked, hoping to break the awkward silence. "Sure!" She said cheerily.

We started walking down the street when I got a call from my friend Katie . I haven't heard from her since the incident, so I answered. "Sorry, gotta get this." I said briefly to Gwendolyn.

"Hello?"

"Hey"

"What ya need?"

"I, uh, wanted to ask how you've been, ya'know, with everything that's happened"

"Im fine"

"Um, remember when you said you I was cute?"

"......yeah?....."

"W-well, do you wanna go out w-with me?"

"U-uh, Heh, actually, I kinda got a g-girlfriend, like 2 minutes ago.....sorry....."

"O-oh, sorry...."

*Click*

She hung up.

"Sorry 'bout that, let's go shall we?" I said, although I felt kinda guilty about turning Katie down.

                                                                                                             ~Sierra