Sodium Chloride

Zane held onto me tight and put his face onto my chest. I felt tears soak my chest shortly. I was shocked. Zane Ro'Meave, crying?! I felt him shake with violent, silent sobs. Just the thought of this happening made a few tears fall down my face. "Zane," I whispered out, my voice cracking as I did, and then the waterfall that was my tears was let flow. He just squeezed me tighter and he started audibly sobbing, as did I. I continued sobbing as my eyes began to feel heavy.
All of a sudden I woke up to find myself laying onto of a sleeping Zane. I know it was bad of me to even think he would, but I checked to make sure I was still fully clothed. I was. I tried to get up, but I felt Zane's strong arms squeeze me closer to his chest. "Don't you dare go anywhere, especially somewhere where my sword can't guard you," he whispered.
"But I thought I was your guard," I whispered back.
"You're fired. You're too sensitive and beautiful to just be my guard." At first I was a bit shocked, but then I smirked. "Zane, why are you interested in me?" I asked him.
"You're just a little cinnamon roll."
"I am not," I scoffed. He just snickered and kissed my forehead.

It had been a few days later and we were in a cheery port with a band playing and people singing.

she just wants to close her eyes and sway
If you, if you, if you exercise your right to work it out
Its true, its true, its true, shout out to the birthday girls say hey
Say hey, everyone deserves a night to play
And shes plays only when you tell her no

Zane held my hand as we walked up to an Inn near the port. We were in a small, rarely charted region that was full of lively citizens and cheerful music. As we entered. Zane and I saw a few tough looking young men, and Zane squeezed my hand a bit tighter. He walked up to the little wooden main desk, the owner looking not at him, but at me. His eyes hungry for me. "Hey," Zane started sharply. The man quickly looked over at him. "We're here for a room. How much?"
"Ah, well, this cutie stays for free. You on the other hand," this guy looked at Zane, "three gold ingots a night." Zane reached in his pocket and fished out six gold ingots. The man smiled and passed him the key. We walked up to our room.