Forest of truth PT. 3

"Now tell me, who was that and why was he so close?" Zane asked me angrily.
"I could ask you the same for her!" I shot back. I wasn't that tall compared to him. He intimidated me by towering over me. "Watch yourself and who you're talking to (Y/N)!" He yelled at me. I resisted shrinking back and got closer. "I may be your guard but I am not going to allow you to toy with my emotions like this!"
"I suppose you'd like me to fire you?" He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "literally."
"Y-you wouldn't...."
"I mean, it would be a waste. Someone so beautiful and talented. Imagine all of that to be wasted because she doesn't know how to watch who she's talking to." I pushed him away from me and ran back into the forest upset as hell. I heard footsteps after me and I almost tripped and fell but I kept going. "W-wait! (Y/N)!" Zane called as he ran after me. I weaved between the trees and I could still tell he was in hot pursuit. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"
Before I knew it I was way out of breath from running and I sunk to the ground. "You damn....... Just damn....." Zane sighed behind me as he panted heavily. "Now we're lost. Thanks a lot."
(This next part will be explained later)
"So," I whispered, "Zane, sir, why'd you come for me?" He rested his hand on my shoulder and took of the covering of his lower face. He smiled at me, "I'd always be there for my favorite guard." He pulled me into a tender hug. "But why, Zane. Why did you let me guard you? And why are you building me up for the Jury?" I said about to cry.
"Because I actually care about you, something that's foreign to me." I looked him in the eyes and he looked me in mine. We shared a small, sweet kiss. "(Y/N), I have a confession." He lifted my chin to look him in the eyes. "(Y/N), in this small time that I've known you, I have.... Well.... I've fallen in love with you." His face went pink and he shied away from me. "Then why did you say those things to me, and why do you treat me like you do?"
"Really, one word. Jealousy."