Chapter 13 ~ An Old Guard And Friend

I look out on my balcony. I haven't left the palace since yesterday. I'm thinking of paying Laurence a visit when he's done with his guard duty. We did use to go to the same highschool. The clock ticked 4:00 PM. Laurence's shift was over. I walked downstairs. I went over to his house. I knocked on the door.

He answered it with a smile.

"Aphmau! I haven't seen you just to talk as friends for awhile." Laurence said.

"That's why I'm here to catch up. We haven't been talking lately." I said.

"Come in," Laurence said. "Has that tomboy I know gone soft? You're wearing a dress."

"My mom is making me wearing them," I said.

"That sounds like your mom," Laurence said.

"Laurence do you wish sometimes the world was more simple?" I ask him.

"Yes, especially what's going on," He says. "Aphmau, what did you mean you were having a hard time keeping your composure at the Jail."

I sighed.

"I know your breaking Aphmau," Laurence said.

"A lot of bad things happened in the past few months and-"

"I know that but there is something else that's bothering you," Laurence said interrupting me.

"Laurence who am I? I've been having these dreams that I can't decipher." I said. "It's confusing!"

Tears were streaming down my cheek. My hair in my face. Laurence swept my hair to one side.

"Aphmau listen to me. I've had a rough past. I'm an orphan. My adoptive father was killed and I was the reason for it. I had to live through the pain of turning into a Shadow Knight. I didn't regret what I did for you." He said calmly. "You have to understand. Your not the only one who is going through this type of things. A fraction of people have a hard life. I personally can feel the pain your going through."

He wiped the tears from my face.

"I saw how you treated Garroth. I thought he was supposed to be treated the exact opposite way how you treated him. When you mentioned all things you were going through yourself. I realized he's just like me. He's just like us. He just couldn't help himself." Laurence said.
"Aphmau I know you're going through hard times. So just know I'll be there for you. I hate to see you cry.

"Thank-you Laurence for understanding," I said.

Next Update Scheduled: July 11, 2016