Chapter 11 ~ The Broken Past

Aaron, Katelyn, and Laurence stood beside me. Weapons ready when I walked up to Garroth in chains. As we walked up I felt nothing but sorry for him. I knew he had a past that wasn't well. My dress lilac purple was bright in the gray jail.

"Why are you here?" Garroth asked.

"Garroth I want to talk to you. I'm not mad just disappointed." I said. "I want to know the reasons why you did it," I said.

He hesitated.

"It's hard to have a big name to live up to. I think you would understand that as well." Garroth started. "I had a rough pass when I was a child. My mother was murdered along with my brother when I was 6. My brother was only a baby at the time. My Father is a cruel person and I learned to be like that. Which at first I knew I didn't want, but each day it closer to me."

He paused. He looked down at the ground.

"One day it hit me. When I was out with my brother, Zane. A guard of Pheonix Drop pushed me off a cliff. I was badly injured." He said. "He looked like he was forcing himself not to do something. Ever since then I sought vengeance against Pheonix Drop."

"Nice lie pretty boy," Katelyn said.

"Katelyn!" I exclaimed.

I sighed. I swept away my hair from my face.

"I believe you," I said.

This took Laurence, Aaron, and Katelyn by surprise.

"I would be haunted by both those things. Even now I have a hard time keeping my composure. Especially with things getting out control. It's hard not to break out into rage." I said looking at my hands.

I grabbed a key from the wall and unchained Garroth.

"I hope you understand I'm giving you my trust," I said. "I'm going to send a carriage to take you home to O'khasis,"

He nodded calmly.

I knew inside that I was breaking. Just like Garroth. I knew it was hard. Aaron, Garroth, Katelyn, Laurence, and I walked over to the gates where a carriage was waiting. Garroth got inside the carriage and waved goodbye. I waved back.

"What did you mean by that you have a hard keeping your composure?" Katelyn asked in curiosity.

I stayed silent.

"You can't tell me anything Aphmau," Katelyn said.

"I need to be alone for a second Katelyn," I said.

Aaron and I walked to palace.

"Aaron, I need some time alone," I said.

"I understand," He said.

I walked up to my room. I closed the door and locked it. I was in a very emotional state right now. I sat on my bed. The horrible memories were coming to me. I didn't like it. I closed my eyes. I saw pictures of horrible things. Hearing my dad was dead, falling from a tree, almost assassinated, forced to marry someone I barely knew, set on fire, seeing Aaron dead, seeing my village set on fire, Katelyn bleeding with a big chance of dying, almost being killed by Zane and Garroth, reminding myself of all of this. I opened my eyes. Icicles everywhere. It felt chilly in here. It was cold like the bad memories.

My powers were unstable. It was like painful. I got out of the bed. I wanted the icicles to disappear. They didn't move a bit. It seemed that every time I want something done magicks related it wouldn't be done and every time I didn't want it to be done it was. I feel so unstable. Do I even belong here? Why am I here? A question I ask myself everyday. Can I escape this broken past?