Chapter 1

"Here are the case files, they should provide enough information, but it should still help you discover more about this crime," Chief Bogo said solemnly, giving the pair the case file. A mass burglary had occurred at Zootopia City Mall, and it was up to Judy and Nick to find the criminal. "It will be difficult," Chief Bogo carried on. "But I think you two are capable of finding the criminal." "Thanks Chief. We won't let you down," Judy nodded, hopping off her chair. Nick followed behind.

As they left the ZPD, Judy was still flicking through the case file. "The mall?" Nick asked, making Judy jump. "Oh, y- yes the mall! Yes!" Judy stuttered, her cheeks going slightly pink. "You're adorable sometimes you know that," Nick chuckled. "Oh really!" Judy said, going even more red now. Her heart hammered. "He thinks I'm adorable?! Does he like me? Like, in a girlfriend kind of way?!" Her mind was flooded with thoughts. She did have small feelings for the fox, because, well, who wouldn't? His emerald green eyes, his handsome complexion, just everything about him was just perfect. But Judy still couldn't work out her own feelings. Did she really love Nick? Or was this just some crazy infatuation that would wear away in a week?

"Judy? Judy!! Hello?" She woke from her daydream to see Nick's paw wave in front of her face. "We're here, incase you didn't notice," he smirked. "Of course I noticed," Judy retorted, rolling her eyes. The pair walked into the mall, which was completely empty. "So according to the case file, 12 stores were robbed," said Judy, flicking through the case file. "Jeez, they were keen," Nick said. "Are there any pictures of the criminals?" Judy turned a few pages. "Luckily yes, but they are kind of hard to make out. I think we have a tiger, a panther and..." She looked closer, trying to work out the mysterious figure. Nick came closer. She could feel the heat from this body, her heart raced faster. "I think we have a wolf here," he said, pointing to the picture. "All big animals," Judy said quietly. "Your not scared are you?" Nick sniggered. Judy shot him a look. "I'm not scared, pfft, I'm a police officer!" She said, trying her best to laugh it off. "So anyway, we need to go into each store and gather up as much evidence as possible. I'll take Targoat, you take BearBurry, okay?" She said. "Got it," Nick said, running up the stairs to the store.

Judy scampered off on the search for Targoat. The cheek thought she was scared of big animals! As if! She finally came across Targoat, and boy what a mess! Shelves had been knocked down, broken glass everywhere, she had to watch her step. Suddenly she came across a small leather wallet. Her purple eyes widened. This could hopefully be useful evidence! Picking it up, she opened it. It was the driving licence of a tiger. She flicked through the case file frantically to find the images. It was a perfect match. Shoving the wallet in her pocket, she grabbed her walkie talkie. "Nick? Come in Nick! I've found the driving licence of the tiger! And it gives me the licence plate number and everything, so this is really useful evidence. You found anything?" She asked. "Um.. No, sorry Judy, this store doesn't really have any evidence left behind, but the cash register is empty. Apart from that, nothing," Nick said. "It's okay, try Preyda. It should hopefully have something," Judy replied. "Okay, I'm on it," Nick said, ending the call.

Judy glanced around, searching for more evidence. She got down on her paws, to get a closer view. Suddenly, she came across a black hair, directly under the cash register. "This could hopefully belong to the panther involved with the crime!" She said to herself, carefully picking it up and placing it in a small plastic bag. Continuing her search, Judy didn't notice that a puddle of water was right in her path, surrounded by broken glass. "WOAH!!" She said, slipping and landing with a thud on the ground. A piercing feeling shot through her arm. Shaking she turned it over to see it covered in blood. "Owww," she winced, reaching for her walkie talkie. "N - Nick?! Come to Targ - goat now I've cut m-myself!!" Nicks eyes widened. I'm coming now Judy!!" He shouted. Running as fast as he could, Nick ran out of the store and down the stairs, praying she was okay.

"Judy? JUDY!! Oh n-no there's blood everywhere!" Nick shouted frantically. Fumbling around in the first aid kit, he finally managed to find a bandage. Gently taking her arm, he wrapped the bandage round the wound as fast as he could. Putting a paw under her chin, he looked into her eyes, worriedly. "Are you okay Judy? Do you feel okay?" Judy nodded with a smile. He obviously cares so much about her, his reaction made Judy's heart flutter. He was so caring. He was so handsome. She felt something flash inside her.

She was in love.