Chapter 43

Hello,

Sorry, this is just a short update. I hope you'd still like it just the same.

Cheers,
😈

* * *

K E N T

My footsteps echoed as I ran along the corridors leading toward the back of the school. I took a quick glance at my wrist watch and saw that it was already 50 minutes past 9 o'clock in the morning. I promised to meet Kevan at 9:30 AM sharp at the Amphitheater, which only means I'm already 20 minutes late! Kevan will kill me for sure!

I was sweating and gasping for air when I finally reached my destination. Several meters away, I saw him sitting on the penultimate flight of the Amphitheatre toying with his laptop. I stopped for a while just to admire the view. I guess the universe conspired to help me find this adorable creature.

He's not the only soul in the universe, but for me, he's the only one that matters.

Kevan's fingers dribbled hastily on the keyboard; his head occasionally tilting from side to side, and he would pout his lips while looking up blankly in the air — which he always does every time he's in deep thought. We have a computer programming project due later that day, that's why we agreed to meet early to help each other debug and finish each other's work.

"Eeerrr! Bakit error?!" he yelled at his laptop. "Mag run ka! Mag run ka!!!"

I silently snorted. Kevan is so adorable! He must've encountered an error with the program he's working on. Judging from his looks, he might end up strangling his laptop any second from now. He then went back to typing; his eyebrows knit and lips pouted. Still unaware of my presence, I tiptoed as I approached him stealthily from behind and gently covered his eyes with my hands.

"Eeerrr! Kent, ano ba?!" he wailed. I smiled and took my hands off his eyes.

"How did you know it's me?" I said as I sat beside him, placing my bag on my side. "It could be someone else!"

"Wag kang ano! Di ako pwedeng magkamali noh!" he said, which made me smile even more. He took a quick glance at me, but immediately returned his gaze towards his laptop.

"Sa amoy mo pa lang, alam ko nang ikaw..." he muttered under his breath, but my ears still caught what he said.

"Ano?" I pretended I didn't hear what he just said. "You said something?"

"Wala! Patingin na ng program mo," he mumbled without looking away from the computer screen.

"Hmmkay."

I immediately fished my own laptop out of my bag. I smiled as I watched his fingers swiftly fiddled the keys while inattentively mumbling what he was typing. He would then pout his lower lip as he read through what he typed. I sighed. I could stare at him all day!

"Wait –– I brought you something..." I finally said.

But he was so engrossed with the Java program he's working on that he only looked at me when I gently tapped him on his shoulder. He squinted his eyes, giving me a puzzled look as he focused his vision on the thing I was holding. His mouth suddenly formed the perfect "O" and his eyes grew wide when he finally recognized the thing in front of his face. Mukhang tuwang-tuwa siya nang makita niya ang hawak ko.

"Kisses!!!" he yelled and instantly snatched the pack out of my hand. "Thanks, Kent ha?"

"Sure!" I replied with a huge smile.