Chapter 31

Writer's Block

1. the condition of being unable to think of what to write or how to proceed with writing.
2. a condition, primarily associated with writing, in which an author loses the ability to produce new work or experiences a creative slowdown.

Ito yata ang tawag sa pinagdaanan at pinagdadaanan ko. Sa mga nagsusulat din jan, alam kong makaka-relate kayo dito. Pasensya na po kung natagalan ang pag update. At dahil sa malalang writer's block na naranasan ko, ito lang po muna ang nakayanan ko

Salamat sa mga patuloy na sumusuporta sa kwentong ito. Mwuah mwuah tsup tsup!

* * *

K E N T

Weird.

That was my immediate thought the moment Jansen bustled inside the gym. I knew him well enough to instantly notice that something was off. I had been asking him what's wrong since then, but he refused to say. I knew he was hiding something from me, but I had no idea whatever that is.

He seemed too frantic. I asked him so many times what the matter was, but he shunned me each time. Hinayaan ko na lang muna siya, I know sasabihin naman niya sa akin kapag ready na siya.

And so, Kevan won. Not that I underestimated Kevan, but Jansen was clearly preoccupied with something. The Jansen I knew wouldn't play like that. He seemed completely different today. He seemed...distracted.

Now I knew why Kevan was extra persistent; he pushed himself way too far to learn basketball in a matter of days. Never did I imagine that it was all for his cheerleading team. Perhaps I didn't really put much thought on what it was for. I initially thought it had something to do with Jansen – sa pang bubully niya at gusto nang wakasan ni Kevan 'to. But what he did was a very big risk, what was he thinking?

I died a little inside after hearing Jansen's consequence. I really thought Kevan would be his "alipin", because honestly, I really did expect Jansen to win. But I found myself praying to all gods of Olympus to let Kevan win. Thank the gods, they heard me.

Kidding aside, Kevan really pushed his luck. Hey, I did not say Kevan only won because of sheer luck – he was good! He played well and even exceeded my expectations. Apparently, our training sessions paid off, but it was also due to Jansen not being his usual self. At di ko alam kung paano tatanggapin ni Jansen 'to. I mean, knowing Jansen, Kevan really dealt a blow to his ego – big time!

"Bro," I called as Jansen hastily strode toward the exit of the gym. I'm sure he heard me, but he didn't look back.

I ran after him, leaving Kevan and friends behind. Their shrilling voices were everywhere. They were very happy about Kevan's victory. Sure, I'm happy for Kevan too, but a bit sad for Jansen at the same time. He's my best bud after all.

"Bro, wait up!"

I caught up with him outside the gym. He was walking briskly as though in a hurry, but he seemed lost in thoughts and his mood was a total wreck. He stopped and eyed me coldly. I knew that look – he was very disappointed. I can't stand looking at him like that.

"You seemed distracted back there. What's wrong?" I asked.

He immediately looked away, avoiding my questioning look and started walking slowly. I grabbed him by his arm and insisted even harder. I had to know what's going on.

"May problema ba? Come on, tell me!" I said with a plea.

"Wala. Okay lang ako," but his eyes went out of focus, back to his thoughts.