Chapter 21: Life for a Life/ Epilogue

Dorian's P.O.V.

As soon as this vile man's eyes set on my wife, I wanted him dead. The way he looked and spoke of her like she was a piece of meat, I'll teach him painfully to never disrespect a woman again... If I decide to spare him that is.

The foolish man took the first step and I took advantage of that second by having already analyzed his technique, and from his stance I could tell what kind of fighter he was. He was ruthless and fearless. He just wanted to kill, but he barely had technique. If faced with a man with the same fearlessness as myself then this man was about to have a very hard time. The difference between us? I had technique and years of practice. This was going to be fun.

I blocked his aggressive blows with the occasional teasing jest. It took him a while to notice I was playing with him as I kept the fight going. He grew angrier before raising his sword high above his head taking a moment too long to bring it down. I quickly threw the sword out of his hand as it came tumbling on the ground. The man looked bewildered at the sword then back at me. I raised a brow jesting him.

"Go on, pick it up," I said. As much as I hated him, I wasn't going to kill an unarmed man. He cautiously picked it up before bringing it up again. Okay, fun time is over. I attacked him with my sword as he tried exhaustingly to block my blows. His strength was fading as he struggled to even hold his sword. I now held my sword to his neck as he dropped his own sword in fear, staring at me with wide eyes.

I heard Liana gasp behind me reminding me of her innocence. I wasn't going to scar her with witnessing this.

"You see that lady you disrespected? She is the only reason I will not kill you right here and now. Go on, thank her," I pushed the sword a bit deeper drawing blood.

The man looked at Liana, fear evident on his face. "Th-thank you. I am so sorry."

Good.

"How many men are with you?" I interrogated to get a feel of what we were against.

He looked hesitant at first but with the taunting of my sword, he spoke. "Thirteen including myself."

One down, twelve more to go.

"Now, you will turn around and get off this train. If I ever see you again, you best pray my wife is with me or else you are a dead man," I promised venomously.

He closed his eyes and nodded his head. "Okay, okay."

I took a step back but kept my sword pointed at him. I kicked my sword behind me next to where Liana stood. The man looked back and forth between me and the sword before climbing one of the seats to climb back up the shaft he came through. As soon as his steps fell out of my hearing I looked back at my wife to make sure she was alright. I cupped her face searching her eyes for reassurance. I was surprised to see how strong she was, reminding me of one of the many things about her that I was in love with. "Are you okay love?"

She nodded her head confidently. "Of course, thank you. We need to make sure the other men are alright."

I couldn't help but give her caring heart a smile. I picked up the man's sword and gave it to her. "Remember what my men taught you during that bonfire on our way to the competition?"

They had immediately tried teaching her how to be one of us by teaching her proper stance and how to strike and block. She had troubles learning which earned the men a laugh that night, but now I hope she did really remember a thing or two.

Liana looked hesitant before picking up the sword. "Slightly. Are you going to leave me here?"

I shook my head. There was no way I was letting her out of my sight. "No, you will stay by my side the whole time. That's the only way I will not worry about you."